Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

neg camber (alignment)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:08 AM
formerly aryiman98civic
Default neg camber (alignment)

i am going to go get an alignment tomorrow to try and fix my neg camber in the front and the rear. it needs done because my car always goes left as well. so what should i set the camber specs to? the guy thats doing it said to throw out the stock settings. he said if i found any info on it to let him know what the settings are. thanks

Old 07-06-2006, 02:19 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: neg camber (alignment)

just whatever works. it varys from car to car. depends on the suspension parts used, wheels, tires, and well..the car itself.

Old 07-07-2006, 04:25 PM
HCF Member

is the camber even adjustable on your year??? if you get a kit, you can go back to the original settings.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:39 AM
HCF Member

Your alignment specs will change with your ride height.....if you see a GOOD technician he should figure it out. If you have lowered the car and NOT installed camber adjusters, your problem cannot be fixed....the camber issue is from the vehicle being lowered...

Old 07-09-2006, 08:50 PM

If you have lowered the car and NOT installed camber adjusters, your problem cannot be fixed
Not what I heard, a good mechanic can fix a camber issue with alignment if the drop isn't too much; 1.5-2.0 anything above and I agree with you.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:34 PM
HCF Member

If there is ONLY toe adjust....ANY camber problem CANNOT be corrected. There is also no caster adj.....but that would have NO affect on camber anyways.

Old 07-16-2006, 10:46 PM
HCF Member

Alright, if you're gonna post about alignments, please know what the f#@k you're talking about be4 you post. and back the the alignment question, all you need to do is toe the front in a bit depending on the ride height. if you have up to a 2" drop, this is an inexpensive way to save on a camber kit. And before anybody begins to start complaining, my grandfather and father where both in the business for 25 years, and i've picked up a thing or 2 or 3. lol

Old 07-17-2006, 12:28 AM

i do alighnments on a weekly bases. and i know that 6th gens arent adjustable. a couple washers behind the rear upper control arm will bring the rear to perfect. you can adjust front toe. and front camber will be off no matter how much you lower it. its just how much off will it be. id say get a camber kit if its more than 1.5". and anything more than 2" you will deff. have some tire wear problems. mine is lowered with s-techs which is suppose to be a 1.8" drop. it really should have a front camber kit, sence it was about .1 degrees out of limit.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:51 AM
HCF Member

im working at NTB, I wish I could hook u guys up...sighz

Old 07-18-2006, 11:21 PM
HCF Member

sorry if i got your engine revving neon, but if you want a low budget fix to where you don't want tire wear, toe is the way to go. and yes the camber isn't adjustable and toe can't fix it, but it still needs to be tended to, because when you lower the car, not just the camber is tampered with, the toe is completely thrown of as well, which is the main cause of tire wear in lowered vehicles. you actually want to run a little negative up front and closer to zero, but still neg in the back to get the best handling out of your honda. and about the rear washer trick, i've been meaning to do that, just don't have the time.

Quick Reply: neg camber (alignment)