HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   New rims (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/new-rims-66125/)

PhillipBurch 06-01-2008 06:13 PM

New rims

No pics YET but there will be as soon as I get the rims Thursday. I ordered my rims and tires from Wheel Workz. They are 17X7 with 205/40/17 tires. Their MSR 089 rims.

I don't have my car lowered, its still at stock height. I won't have any problems such as rubbing will I? I don't think that I will, since my car isn't dropped. But after I lower my car ill need to roll my fenders won't I?

I

ej6buddy 06-01-2008 07:00 PM

RE: New rims

no, it depends on the rim offset to determine if the fenders need rolling. but you're usually safe if it's a normal wheel with a 17x7 and correct bolt pattern.

PhillipBurch 06-07-2008 06:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got my rims yesterday. The first set I was gonna get was the MSR 089's, black with a polished lip. They sent one wheel the wrong bolt pattern and it was on back order, and it would take a month to get. So I got the gun metal 17" MSR 029's.

Attachment 26717
Attachment 26718

locked 06-09-2008 01:30 AM

sweet civic man, the black on black looks mad :Dhave youdebaged it on the back? if you could add more pics that would be great.i have a slight rubbing issue on my 18's for and aussie spec 08 version. i now have to cinsider downgrading to 17's . im spewin big time.:(

PhillipBurch 06-09-2008 05:59 AM

No, my car isn't debadged. I've thought about doing it though.

KarTuneMan 06-09-2008 08:42 PM

ORIGINAL: locked

sweet civic man, the black on black looks mad :Dhave youdebaged it on the back? if you could add more pics that would be great.i have a slight rubbing issue on my 18's for and aussie spec 08 version. i now have to cinsider downgrading to 17's . im spewin big time.:(
What are the exact mesurments of the wheels? width, and offset to be precise. AND what size tire?
If 18's are done properly they will fit. Moving down to a 17 is not really needed.
18x8 with a +42mm offset. 225/40/18 tire.

locked 06-10-2008 01:47 AM

sorry if im not as mechanicaly minded as most of you probably are, the tire size is 225/40 on 18" anz rims. i did have them fitted by a tire specalist who says they meet the manafacturer offset standard tho i highly doubt this and will have it checked on my first service. i would add pics but i am unsure of how to do so, i have some questions and would really appreciate some helpfull fellow enthusiast advice. should i consider rolling the guards? should i look at putting neopreen pads on the swingarms (a good option). or what if i were to lower the car, by lowering the car wouldnt the extra camber on the wheels help prevent rubbing?

p.s i look very forward to hearing your advice and also some of the answers to my questions. Thank You :)