Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

noises

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Default noises

so recently i started hearing this clicking noise coming from the back left tire... then.. in reverse i would hear this THUD sound almost.. we took it into a shop to get looked at.. first i thought it was my brakes.. but that thud was way too different.. found out because i got my car lowered with the coilovers about a year... the guy at the shop says its something that just happens over time...

so what do u suggest i do?... just put the stock back on?

get new suspension?

i really like the lowered look... but iw ould hate to leave these on and it **** up my car again.. whats the worse that can happeN?

also.. does it damage the tires lifespan.. like a tire is supposed to last a good what? 2 years?.. or i ono... u get what i mean..

Old 12-04-2006, 09:45 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: noises

do u hear this clicking sound while driving on a smooth road or bumpy? or either or?it might be the coil overs? hard to say if its definatly not the brakes, i would try putting the stock springs on and see what happens! if the noise is still there insoect everything in the rear susp. u mihgt notcie something not right if you cant figure it out take it to a different shop! and as long as ur car has a good alignment coil over's shouldnt make your tires wear any faster unless of course the alignment is off or from lowering it to much your tires are sitting at an angle then of course they will wear out faster !

Old 12-05-2006, 01:30 AM

no..i already took it to the shop.. and the guy said it was the result of my coilovers.. got loose.. and made some noises here n there.. but im just curious if i should lookinto something better?

Old 12-06-2006, 07:53 PM

I kind of had the simular problem, however im on a spring setup. I was driving home from work on a some what smooth surface street and out of nowhere I heard a loud THUD from one of the back tires, it kind of sounded like I was hit a pot hole. I don't know what it was, there wasn't a pot hole. It hasn't happened since, been about 1+ month. I would stick with the coilover setup, what kind do you have? And do you have some performance shocks to help support the lower suspension of the car?