Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Pedal noise after changing brake pads - 2010 Honda Civic Sport

Old 11-24-2013, 06:52 PM
Default Pedal noise after changing brake pads - 2010 Honda Civic Sport

Hi, today I changed the brake pads on my 2010 Civic (first time I do it myself). It's the sport version that has 4 disc brakes. Everything went well, but when I drove around to test it I noticed that the brake pedal was making a spring-like noise when depressing it (at least it seems to me that it's coming from the pedal, tomorrow I'll have someone hit the pedal for me while I confirm the source of the noise). Normally I would have thought that it would need some lubrication, but since it happened just after I changed the brake pads, I'm concerned that it might have been caused by this change. Other than that noise, everything is behaving exactly as usual and the car brakes as well as it used to.

Would anyone know what could be causing this? One more thing, today was by far the coldest day so far this fall (probably close to -20°C with the wind chill), just in case that could also explain it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks,

Kari

Old 11-25-2013, 05:41 PM
Default Pedal noise after changing brake pads - 2010 Honda Civic Sport

Hi, today I had someone depress the pedal as I was checking for any noise coming out of my brakes and I could hear little to no noise. It seems to be coming from the pedal itself or the mechanism that goes to the brake system. It really sounds like sitting on a very old mattress. I went for a long drive and after warming the car, the sound went away. When I drove my car back later today, the noise came back (still very cold today, could it be the cause of this noise). Would anyone know how to fix this? I'd like to be sure that there is nothing to worry about since this is the first time I change brake pads.

Thanks,

Kari