Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

PROGRESS coil-over kit? or any other goodd ones you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 05:55 PM
HCF Member
Red face PROGRESS coil-over kit? or any other goodd ones you recommend?

I am interested in these, Progress coil-overs, but the price isnt so friendly. i am willing to pay that, but if there is anything that sounds just as good but for a lower price, could you let me know.
and has anyone heard of this brand, or had any of the coil-overs? recommended or not?

http://progressauto.com/products/sfI.../productID/595

Old 09-16-2010, 06:32 PM
HCF Member

I'm a fan fuction forum...but they are bit more in price.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:24 PM
HCF Member

IMO, progress, f2,ksport, Megan, d2, etc are all basically the same. I personally prefer ksport because they're easy to find in the 650 range and I can order custom spring rates for free

Old 09-16-2010, 09:27 PM
HCF Member

Oh, I just looked at your link and I don't like purchasing setupsmthat require you to reuse your original stock top hat. I would recommend you spend 600+ for a full coilover setup

Old 09-18-2010, 06:44 PM

As far as I know, K-Sport, Megan Racing, D2 and Function&Form suspensions are all made in the same factory in Taiwan. Personally, I'd NEVER buy any of those suspension setups. They are all cheap for a reason. Yes some people probably have them and claim they are amazing with no issues, but it's not worth the risk to me.

Progress suspension products are USA based and made in the USA. They are a VERY well tested and proven suspension distrbutor. Many people trust their products on road courses and for autox and find them to be effective. That being said, the Progress coilover is very appealing to me. I've looked at their setup a few times and it does look to be pretty nice for the money. The spring rates they offer are pretty good for street and/or beginner autox/road racers. I'm sure their quality is great and reliable. I've intstalled Progress swaybars and from personal experience they are nice. If I were to get an adjustable suspension setup for my DD '99 Civic, I'd probably go with the Progess setup.

IMO, the best bang for buck suspension is Koni/GC but I know that setup is out of reach of some peoples budgets. It's worth the wait to save up though if you ask me.