Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Question about a Strut?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:58 PM
HCF Member
Default Question about a Strut?

just got the Tein S-tech Springs.. now my question?? is Strut Really necessary?? ive heard that if your getting the Tein S-tech you wont really need to change your Stock Strut?? bcoz they are made to go along with the Stock Strut?? but as most of you guys said if your going to change the Spring youd better change the Strut to thats the path im kinda trying to follow.. this is kinda stupid qeustion but if im going to get a Strut i need to get both Rear and Front right?? SOrry for this kinda stupid question Newb. here.. and im gonna get the Tokico Hp Series Strut.. thanks for all the help..

Old 01-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Question about a Strut?

The Tein S-Techs were designed so they can be used with the stock shocks. That being said, the stock shocks will wear out faster than they would with stock springs (as they will with any shorter-than-stock springs). The biggest reason most people ugrade their shocks at the same time as their springs is simply convenience; it's better to pull apart the suspension one time and change everything than it is to just change the springs and have to pull apart your car a second time later on down the road to replace your blown shocks.

And Tokico blues (HP Series) are great shocks.

And yes, you'll need to get both fronts and rears.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:27 PM
HCF Member

that really make sense?? but ive been having trouble finding Online Store that Sells the Hp Series Strut for 05Civic does the 05Civic have different body than the 01 to 04 or are they all the same since their all 7th Gen??? and if so do you know any online store that i can get the Hp Strut?? ive been checking ebay lately is it good to get your stuff through eBay???

Old 01-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Super Cereal Admin

I'm not 100% sure about the 01-04/05 suspension using the same shocks, but I'd say they probably do... Honda doesn't really change much in the same generation.

Anyway, JcWhitney carries HP series struts, but honestly, I hate JcWhitney with a passion (they have products in the catalogues that have been discontinued for months, yet they're still in the catalogue, they rape you with shipping, they have a bad habit of backordering, etc.). Other than that, I'd say eBay would be your best bet. A lot of people around here use eBay, but they're pretty careful with it for the most part (as far as making sure they're getting the real parts and not some knockoffs).

*side note: I just checked Inline Four and they carry HPs too.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:51 PM
Administrator

forget jcwhitney....use ebay

i got mine, brand new from ebay, struts/shocks/springs for 500 shipped, i have an 04 ex.

and they are tokico blues.