Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Do i need a Camber Adjustment Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Default Do i need a Camber Adjustment Kit?

Hi, I have a 95 Honda civic coupe and am getting 15" Track R Rotas and Koni sport suspension kit with 40mm drop.
Will i need to buy a camber kit to sort out the change in camber or if i took it to my local garage will the mechanic be able to adjust the camber enough with the stock suspension set up?

Cheers Loads

Jonnie

Old 01-28-2008, 02:24 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Do i need a Camber Adjustment Kit?

Yes u need a camber kit with any amount of drop and no there isnt a factory camber adjustment...

Old 01-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well might not be COMPLETELY NECESSARY... BUT a dam good idea...

when i had my 99civic lowered with TEIN Stechs i just used 3 washers on the rear upper arm to space it out to have correct camber in the rear, but my front was still off but the main thing that wears tires out so quickly is TOE adjustments.

if your springs are BRAND NEW i would sugest driving on them for alittle while. like maybe a week and then take it in for a alignment. that way your springs have time to sag alittle.

Old 01-28-2008, 02:44 PM
HCF Member

or you could do what i did by lowering your car then you get behind it and relized that your car looks like its squating hahah then buy the camber kit, it is super helpful and not that expensive mine was about $200 for the bolts and arms easy to install

Old 01-28-2008, 02:59 PM

OK cool, so what parts do i need tobuy/fit to adjust the camber, on atight budget?

Old 01-28-2008, 03:19 PM
HCF Member

http://www.procivic.com/pages-main_p...mber-kits.html
mine are different from yours so they were cheaper but heres what you need you can probably find these cheaper somewhere else and idk if you have a dx or ex but just go and search for them

Old 01-28-2008, 03:21 PM
HCF Member

also for your sig toget a pic in there change [IMG] and [/IMG] into [IMG] and [/IMG]

Old 01-28-2008, 03:53 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jonbell123

OK cool, so what parts do i need tobuy/fit to adjust the camber, on atight budget?
well if your on a budget you could use some WICKED adjusters.
thats what i have on my 94civic BUT im not lowered but i did need extra adjustment since i have a bent front passener part.
ONLY DOWNFALL ive heard with these WICKED upper arms is the bolt washers.... they only have some small washers which can distort the actual arm when tightening them down..... what i did was use some metal and drilled the holes to fit good.
so far they work great! no problems...

and the rears shouldnt need anything to be just as good as more expensive ones.

youd need the front
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WICKE...9296QQtcZphoto

and the rear
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WICKE...3278QQtcZphoto

good ebay seller as well ive bought from them twice and still need to buy the adjusters for the rear. but i recomend that seller.

and also JUST CROSS YOUR FINGERS that your stock rear TOE adjusters arent seized! i had both of mine SEIZED UP..... and i had to cut 3 of the 4 mounting bolts for the adjusters where seized and it SUCKED!!!!!!!
i also had to weld my drivers side rear toe adjuster since the stock sliding nut started spinning. so now the car is only adjustable by using the aftermarket adjuster now.

tho if your lucky your 2 rear toe adjuster bolts wont be seized and your alignment shop will have no trouble geting everything within specs!

heres my build thread page.....
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_48...12/key_/tm.htm
that way you can get the front washer trick.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:02 AM

Cheers loads guys!!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 11:53 AM

Sorry lads, another question, I foundsome Eibach Pro Alignment Ball Joints(http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...html?id=629436) that canchange the camber by + or - 1.5 degrees, would these do the job ? or will they not alter the camber enough?

Cheers for helpin me sort out the sig pic

Quick Reply: Do i need a Camber Adjustment Kit?