Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Should I Lower My 03-Civic!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 02:33 AM
Default Should I Lower My 03-Civic!

I really wanted to add a bodykit to my car, but i know im not going
to get around on doing so for awhile. So i was wondering on going
to a bodyshop and having them lower my 2003 civic ex coupe. I think
it would look nice for the time being, what do you all think?

Old 08-17-2004, 04:05 AM
NTX
HCF Member
Default RE: Should I Lower My 03-Civic!

i was wondering on going to a bodyshop and having them lower my 2003 civic
maybe a performance shop or suspension spot may be better.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:25 PM

i would just buy some springs and do the install yourself...its not a very hard install and you will save yourself about 100$...it will deffinatly look nice...

Old 08-17-2004, 09:06 PM

yea as long as u have a jack and stands u can do it easily. nothin will be rusted too bad so the nuts and bolts will come right out. you can go to autozone and borrow the needed spring compression tool for free and do it in a saturday.

Old 08-17-2004, 10:03 PM

yea i bought the spring compressor like a dumbazz 30 bucks for one time use...all my buddys are like can you do my springs...i should charge but...im to nice...oh well...heh

Old 08-27-2004, 06:58 PM

I just FINALLY lowered my EK Civ, dropped it right onto it's nuts and it looks BAD AS!! Im so happy! The handling is superb now, it has drastically cut the body roll and it corners like a dream.. I definately suggest lowering the car, you will notice the difference... Go to a performance shop and ask them for all of the different options, most will be happy to oblige! After working in a performance shop, I would definately recommend Bilsteins if they are available, and failing that, I would probably suggest Koni after those. Try to get Bilstein tho. They are pricey, but they are cheaper than Koni and are a much better quality.
Kisses
DQ
xxx

Old 08-28-2004, 12:22 PM
HCF Member

all cars should be dropped in my opinion... or as Danielle puts it... they should all be "dropped on their nuts"[sm=smiley2.gif]

My car is a girl... I havent given her a name yet though... Do women give their cars guys names? just wondering??

Old 09-04-2004, 04:21 AM

Actually yeah, my little pink Civ is a guy ( he is comfortable enough with his masculinity to be able to wear a pink shirt for the rest of his life!) And his name is Chevron. He is vain, egotistical and likes to be clean, but he also likes it if you spank the hell out of his rev limits, kinky litttle thing, just like his owner!! How have you been polo, long time no talk!
Dannii
xxxoxxx

Old 09-14-2004, 05:56 PM

Just get coilovers so when you get a body kit you can raise it a bit. The ride will be a bit rougher then with lowering springs, but if you don't mind do it. But if you get coilovers have it perofesionly done, cause if you dont know what your doing you can mess up something bad.

Old 09-16-2004, 01:19 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Drift queen

Actually yeah, my little pink Civ is a guy ( he is comfortable enough with his masculinity to be able to wear a pink shirt for the rest of his life!) And his name is Chevron. He is vain, egotistical and likes to be clean, but he also likes it if you spank the hell out of his rev limits, kinky litttle thing, just like his owner!! How have you been polo, long time no talk!
Dannii
xxxoxxx
Haha, he sounds like a freak! I've been good... busy too. Got my water/methanol injection system, but then I f'ed up my door. It wont even close now, i'm going to have to make a claim... and she is only 6 months old, my baby! Oh well, **** happens right.[sm=smiley19.gif]

Quick Reply: Should I Lower My 03-Civic!