HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   Slotted rotor suggestions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/slotted-rotor-suggestions-78233/)

J-star 09-05-2009 07:28 AM

Slotted rotor suggestions

Hi people, just looking to get some suggestions on slotted rotors.
So far I have Aimco & Pro Slot brands as possible options.

Any recommendations? What are you using? All comments welcome.

civicexracer 09-07-2009 11:51 AM

I've been running Powerslot rotters for a while, no problems and decent price.

sfazngiants 09-07-2009 01:12 PM

i got powerslot slotted rotors as well. only problem for me, not sure if its just my civic but when i step on the brake i can feel the rotor's slotted groove. so i think my next set of rotors would be some blank ones.

intenseneal 09-13-2009 09:20 PM

I had Power Stop drilled rotors on my 89 Accord LXi. They worked great. I have on order Baer slotted/drilled rotors for my Civic. EBC, Power Slot, Brembo are other good brands to go with. Just get a good quality brand or you may have problems.

danomatic93 09-13-2009 09:35 PM

I'm a Brembo whore. Blanks FTW.

sfazngiants 09-14-2009 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by danomatic93 (Post 671631)
I'm a Brembo whore. Blanks FTW.

how are the brembo blanks, how good are they, how much do they cost? i was thinking about getting them for my next set

danomatic93 09-14-2009 10:14 AM

they are better than slotted or drilled or slotted/drilled. Blanks are always going to be far superior to slotted. Slotted is just a 'bling' factor with the pads that are being produced now. At one time drilled and/or slotted rotors were functional for out-gassing.

Brembo blanks are cheap!

civicexracer 09-14-2009 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by danomatic93 (Post 671688)
they are better than slotted or drilled or slotted/drilled. Blanks are always going to be far superior to slotted. Slotted is just a 'bling' factor with the pads that are being produced now. At one time drilled and/or slotted rotors were functional for out-gassing.

Brembo blanks are cheap!

blanks will not always better than slotted...slotted does help reduce heat. easy way to prove this is go run 2 cars, one with blanks and another with slotted, around the track for a while then let both cars with with the brake pedals pressed. you'll find the blank warped more than the slotted.

generally speaking, blanks are more than adequate for street driving. there's more stopping power to be found in the brake pad compound than the rotor but a good rotor helps greatly too.

and if you're talking about price, just get some blanks from your local parts store. many many road racers just buy cheap blanks from stores since they throw their rotors out after a track day...they'll hold up just as well as the brembo blanks..

danomatic93 09-14-2009 07:55 PM

^I would like to see your findings for the slotted rotors dissipating more heat. All of the sources that I have found point towards slotted rotors as not dissipating enough heat to be of significance. The order of most likely to warp to least likely to warp is...

Drilled and slotted, drilled, slotted, then blanks.

J-star 09-15-2009 07:36 AM

This has been a helpful thread. I am thinking blanks may be the way to go. Although, I have the option of getting Lordco's slotted rotors for an excellent price. Hmmmm...