Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

small suspension/tire/wheel project

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Default small suspension/tire/wheel project

well i've done a lot of research today since i've had nothing to do all day. i've finally decided on all the parts i want to put onto pretty much finish with my carand will be doing so within the next 2 months. did research on prices and such and heres everything i plan on getting:

Wheels/Tires:
-15x7 Bronze Falken Hanabi's(11lbs each)*Purchased/Installed*
-205/50R15 Falken Azenis Rt-615's*Purchased/Installed*
-Work lug nuts*Purchased/Installed*

Performance/Suspension:
-Energy Suspension shifter bushings*Purchased/Installed*
-Hawk HPS brake pads
-Brembo rotors(still researching but will either be blanks or slotted)
-JDM ITR 22mm rear sway bar(includes endlinks and all hardware)
-Beaks SRK subframe brace
-Beaks rear lower tie bar(just a possibility, i already have a rear lower tie bar so the Beaks one would be more for the "bling" factor lol)
-Prothane swaybar bushings
-Blox rear lower control arms*Purchased, should arrive within few days*

Appearence:
-OEM front lip
-EK side skirts
-re-paint calipers red/paint drums black
-JDM Vision amber corner lenses*Purchased, should arrive within few days*

Falken Azenis RT-615's*Purchased/Installed*
Name:  IMG_0001.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  79.2 KB
Falken Hanabi's*Purchased/Installed*
Name:  IMG_0005-1.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  58.3 KB
JDM ITR 22mm rear sway bar kit(pic is missing D-brackets and the kit im getting does not include those LCA's)

Beaks Subframe kit
Name:  BeaksSubframe.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  15.0 KB
Beaks rear lower tie bar
Name:  beaks_stb.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  9.7 KB
Blox LCA's*Purchased, should arrive in few days*
Name:  BLOX_silverlowercontrolarms.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  31.7 KB
Work red lug nuts*Purchased/Installed*
Name:  IMG_0007.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  24.8 KB
Hawk HPS pads
Name:  power_slot_hps.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  9.9 KB
Brembo slotted rotors
Name:  brembo_sport_slotted.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  8.7 KB
EK side skirts(Jakes car BTW)
Name:  EK.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  46.1 KB
JDM Vision amber corners*Purchased, should arrive in few days*
Name:  Vision_EG_Corner.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  91.6 KB

my deadline to have all this stuff on the car is mid May. i'll prolly be picking up the wheels and shifter bushings hopefully this wednesday. ill have the tires mounted/balanced either by the end of this week or early next week. plan on ordering the LCA's this weekend if i sell the 5 spokes i have within the next couple days. everything else will just come as time goes on...

once the time comes for when i get my hands on all the suspension stuff and get to installing it, ill def. try my best to make DIY's for all of that junk. installing: lca's, front sway bar, rear sway bar, and subframe brace...after a couple weeks of having all the products on my car at atleast running at 1 autox, ill make an effort to do a product review aswell.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:25 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: small suspension/tire/wheel project

ORIGINAL: civicexracer
Wheels: still have yet to decide but it'll atleast be either 15x7 Rota Slipstreams(12.9lbs) or Rota GT3s(13.5lbs). i like the look and obviously the weight of the slipstream but the 15x7 seem to be a bit hard to find. if i can find them cheaper than $475(the cost of the GT3's shipped) then ill be getting the slips.
I know these aren't on your list but the 15x7 Kosei K1's in silver are on closeout at Tire Rack, $109 each. They're 14 lbs. in that size.

Front Sway Bar: im still researching..i have no idea what kind, how much, where, etc yet tho. hopefully soon enough ill find what im looking for.
what ARE you looking for? [8D] if I were you I'd get the rear bar in first and see how the car is responding. see what you really need to change. some people just remove their stock front swaybar, I might try that this year. Here's a bit of info, there's a ton of experience out there, keep searching!

LCA's: was planning on getting Megan Racing LCA's but im prolly gena go with the Blox LCA's. i'll get whichever i find cheaper at the moment of purcashing...found the Blox ones for $110 shipped(i kno MR ones run around the same price).
what are you looking to get out of the LCA's? weight reduction? better bushings? make sure you get something with swaybar holes.

everything else looks good.

Old 03-11-2007, 10:53 PM

eh i dont like the K1's much and they weight to much for me...i'll prolly wait after i get the rear sway installed and think more about the front sway. maybe ill like the oversteer lol. as for the LCA's, my OEM ones dont come with holes for endlinks which is my main reason for buying aftermarket ones. the weight reduction is just an added plusi was thinking about getting an Energy bushing kit but figure ill just put that extra $150 or so to an autox school...thanks for the info marnie.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:14 PM
mxs
HCF Member

oversteer is fun [8D]

I didn't know your car had no endlink holes in the LCA's. weird.

the poly bushings are a good idea on a car of that age. . . . if you want to deal with the installation.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:50 PM

ya i think all 5th gens(maybe not the case with the hatch si) dont come with holes for endlinks. i kno it for sure with ej1's tho...the lca's and sway bar come with all thebushings i need brand new so i wont have to bother with buying new ones unless i reall want the energy ones.

Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 PM
HCF Member

if it doesn't come with factory rear sway bars, then there are no holes for upgrading, sucks, i got the same problem, i just don't want to pay that much just to get lca's with holes. plus my suspension setup is good enough for me, at least for now

Old 03-12-2007, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

hey civicex, it may be me, but i thought the ITR rear sway bar only came in 23 mm???

Old 03-12-2007, 07:02 PM

i believe the99-00 models come with holes in the lca's for a sway bar because the SI come factory with a sway. figure it'd be cheaper to produce just one kind of lca's for those years rather than two different typesjust for a lil hole..

and there are 22mm and 23mm itr sways. i've seen both on a bunch of different sites. passwordjdm.com used to have both the 22mm but they took it off for some reason, now they just have the 23mm set..

i should be getting the tires sometime this week or next, depending on how soon my friend can get them off his wheels. i've set dates for when to place the order for my wheels, should be either the 23rd or 24th of this month. hopefully ill decide on what wheel/color and find the right seller/price by then. once i place the order for the wheels, ill be putting up my current MB Motoring wheels for sell. i might try to sell em on here, if not their goin on ebay.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

^ honda didn't make them forthe 96-98 models becausethey only putthe swaybar package on some of the 99-00 bodystyles

Old 03-12-2007, 11:24 PM

****ing sweeet

Quick Reply: small suspension/tire/wheel project