Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

stupid calipers

Old 06-04-2006, 08:21 AM
Default stupid calipers

I finished the rear disc conversion a week and a half ago using integra parts but both calipers turned out to be bad. In one the Ebrake lever wouldn't return all the way. The other squeeled and wouldn't always release during normal braking.

I looked at how to rebuild the calipers and it looked like something I could do, but I decided to just pick up a pair rebuilt by a 'professional' to save time and aggravation.

Got the new ones painted (silver) and slapped them in place and the one on the drivers side is defective! They must have rebuilt it wrong, because the Ebrake lever pulls really easy and doesn't compress the brake at all. GRRRRRRRR!!!

now I'm about to go pick up the replacement. It will be the 5TH caliper I'll be installing on the car to finally finish the rear disc conversion project.

*** well, turns out I'm an idiot [sm=happy046.gif]

I've only messed with front disc brakes in the past. turns out it was probably just a pocket of air back there in the Ebrake bits that flushed itself out on the other side before I noticed it. I got mine to work by pumping the Ebrake, bleeding, and repeating till it pulled nice.