Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tein Coilovers

Old 05-01-2008, 08:38 PM
HCF Member
Default Tein Coilovers

I got my coilovers in the mail today it is the Tein Type Basic Coilover Damper package so it has the shock absorbers and springs. I have an appointment to have them installed on monday. Should I tell the installer how low I want it adjusted to? Also I couldn't help to notice that the installation book said not for street use off road only, will these be smooth on road? I'll obviously try and avoid any potholes, but will this be smoother than stock suspension?

[/align]
[/align][/align]

Old 05-02-2008, 07:30 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Tein Coilovers

If possible, you should install the coilovers yourself. Call up a buddy to help and find a D.I.Y on the net. Suspension is a blast to work on.
If you do take it to a shop, just tell them what you want the ride height set at.

No the ride will not be nearly as smooth as it is now with stock suspension.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:35 AM

No, you will have a much harsher ride, but that's fine. One of the main points of lowerintg your car is that is has more rigid suspension and more precise steering. This is a good thing

Old 05-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

ya anytime you lower a car it will ride ruffer... its very rare when the car will ride better than stock!
now your body roll will be alot less, be able to take turns harder, and look alot cooler...

but ALOT of the aftermarket world says OFFROAD USE ONLY... they dont have that DOT approval for them.....
i would not worry about it much at all... the ruffler ride is a small price to pay for a sweet ride stance!

Old 05-06-2008, 06:19 AM
HCF Member

Got them installed yesterday. Fronts were rubbing on turns and bumps but they adjusted them for free when I went back. It's lower than the S-tech springs, the ride is much more quiet because my old rear shocks were bad and made a lot of noise. I need some new wheels so I can lower it more, my Rays are only 14" but they have some fat tires on them and they guy said they were rubbing because of the bad offset. I wanted to get some 17" wheels with low pro but he suggested gettings 15" for a smoother ride and he said I would be able to lower it more if I'd like. What do you guys suggest?