Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

thwarted!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 09:34 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default thwarted!!

So I got my new rims, had tires shipped from tirerack.com right to my local Goodyear, and went over there today after work to have them mounted. I get there and the guy is like "uh, we don't usually deal with 45 series tires, but we could try... and I didn't realize you had brand new rims. We might scratch these. You should probably go to AutoCrafting instead." I was like, OK dude, whatever you say! So I made an appointment at AutoCrafting, and by lunch tomorrow, they should finally be on my car. There WILL be pictures.

oh and I almost forgot. When Goodyear guy was directing me to this other shop, he said, "they do custom wheels, lowered suspensions, you know, those kind of things." I'm thinking, what makes him think I'm one of those kind of people? Then I saw I had my Xtreme Customizing book sitting in plain view in my car! doh!!

Old 07-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Default RE: thwarted!!

what kinda rims and size?

Old 07-26-2005, 12:37 AM
HCF Member

what a wuss. how is a tire shop going to survive if they refer their performance oriented customers away? Geez, hire a competent freakin tire tech.[:@]

Old 07-26-2005, 03:26 PM
mxs
HCF Member

how is a tire shop going to survive if they refer their performance oriented customers away?
exactly...

they're 205/45/16 tires on 16x6.5 Honda rims.
Glad I went to the other place, it was actually a little cheaper.