Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Time for suspension mods.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:05 PM
HCF Member
Default Time for suspension mods.

Well Summer is here and it is time to do some modding. The next mod I am going to take care of is the suspension. Just had a couple of questions to ask in order to get the ball rolling. So far what i have in waiting. Tokico Illumina shocks and a ground control coilover set. I also bought some LCA's from a 88 Civic DX for the rear. These are all going into my 92 CX HB.
Somethings I am considering and need advice on are the following. Please indicate how much these will help the handling of the car.

1. Should I get some new swaybars also. How much will they help and I beleive stock there is no rear one on the car. Is the car set up to bolt one in or not? If not what is the easiest way to put one on.

2. I figure for the money I will pick up the 4 piece strut tower package off E-bay.

3. What are some other things I might want to consider such as replacing all the bushings with a poly or delron bushing kit and what not?

I also had to order some new inner and outer tie rods and my springs and shocks have been sitting since last X-mas ( I have been busy/Lazy). But I have been real irritated at the bouncy front end of the car now. Previous owner put APC coilovers in the front and left the stock shocks in and also never got to the rear. It has been a real kidney blender.

Thanks for the help guys