Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Tires still pulling to the right...?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Default Tires still pulling to the right...?

I just installed 4 brand new nitto neo gen tires and did an alignment. 4 days later Inoticed the car pulling to the right consistently when I let go of my hand.When I took it back to the shop, they tested it and said there was nothing wrong.Theysaid that it could also be due to +/- camber or road surface uneveness or the tire thread is uneven. He saidonlyluxury cars will maintain a straight line while driving hands off. Theyre-aligned thecarbutit still pulls to the right. Am I missing something? I'm pretty sure the new tires will be worn out onone side if I don't do anything about it.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:06 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Tires still pulling to the right...?

was the car ever in a car accident ?

Old 01-11-2008, 09:01 AM
HCF Member

Well all cars should go straight when you take your hands off the wheel for a little, but when I had my old aftermarket rims/wheels I had the same problem, I posted on a bunch of different forums, and the only responses I was getting was it was the wheels off balance or because the road naturally slopes to the right and with a thin tire I could feel it more[>:]. Never found out what was really wrong, sold them now anyways.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:04 AM
HCF Member

My steelies were pulling really hard to the left since I put them on...now that the rotas are back on its fine again.. IMO things to have checked if the alignment is fine are air pressure in the tires and balance...

and yeah not just luxury cars....any car that is set up properly should run a straight line on a flat even surface.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:09 PM

I remember my wife stepped on the brake real hard to avoid something and the car spinned 180 degrees... that wasa few yrs back. She was facing the opposite side of the direction when she came to a full stop. No accident tho. Maybe that messed things up....

Old 01-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well if the air pressure in all the tires are the same and you did get a alignment it should track preaty straight.... but like said some roads do pull the car around abit.... or even wind can push ya around abit.

mine starts pulling to the left when my front left tire gets low... i got a slow leak.

tho if it was a good alignment shop they should have checked air pressure as well!

o ya another thing to check..... look at your tires... if you ran the car with bad alignment for awhile and the tires are worn and it could pull ya around a bit as well. have the tires rotated from front to back and see if that helps any.
if they are to bad ya might have to replace the tires..

Old 01-11-2008, 06:12 PM
Snail'n Admin

same thing happens to me and i KNOW one of the rims is off balance (found a tape weight in the driveway)

Old 01-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Recognized HCF Member

if you had your wheels ballanced at a good shop... take it back to them with the weight that fell off and ask them to redo it cause they didnt clean the wheel good enough before applying the stick on weight.... if they clean them good they should stick hella strong! unless youve used some STRONG cleaners around them... they shouldnt fall off