HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   tokico springs or eibach springs for my blues? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/tokico-springs-eibach-springs-my-blues-92092/)

Ramyswar 01-30-2012 06:05 PM

tokico springs or eibach springs for my blues?

Just picked up some tokico blues! They came with the tokico springs already on them. I have a set of eibach springs laying around, should I use the eibachs with the blues, or should I leave the tokico springs on them?

What kinda ride am I going to expect?

civicexracer 01-30-2012 09:29 PM

Depends on which Eibach springs you have. Which ones are they?

The Tokico blues are OE replacements, so they really aren't designed to be used with springs that lower the car a lot and/or with springs with high rates. I can speak from years of personal experience with the Tokico setup that the Tokico springs work very well with the Tokico blues, and even stock original shocks, due to their mild drop and very mild spring rates. Only slightly better handling over stock but a good noticeable drop and very comfortable ride. I've had these springs on my daily driver for a couple of years now and love them for daily driving. Definitely wouldn't consider any serious performance driving with them though.

Ramyswar 01-31-2012 04:09 AM

Ya, this is my dd, that's why I picked them up. I mean, 185$ for all four struts with springs, can't beat it. My eibach springs are the pro kit springs. Still suggest the tokico setup?

civicexracer 01-31-2012 04:06 PM

I've never been able to find the spring rates for the Tokico springs, but I've read they have a linear spring rate. They are probably close to the Pro-kits spring rates but I know the Pro-kits are very progressive. The drop from both should be about the same, ride quality and performance would probably be fairly close. It's really just a toss up between those 2. I wouldn't really say one is better than the other.

Ramyswar 01-31-2012 05:36 PM

Ok, ill take your word for it, that way I don't have to switch out springs lol. Makes it a little easier.

Ramyswar 02-02-2012 05:14 PM

Ok so I took your advice and went with the tokico springs. Now my car sits an inch higher, which is very gay. So tomorrow I'm switching them out for the eibachs.

Turtlegrip 02-03-2012 11:06 AM

did you let the springs set and settle?

Ramyswar 02-04-2012 06:14 AM

Good question. I only put one tokico blue on, and I've driven it for 120 miles an it now looks to be the same height as the rest of the car. So maybe that was the problem. It rained so bad yesterday that I couldn't work on it at all. I'll see Wats going on today

civicexracer 02-04-2012 12:49 PM

Did you have lowering springs on the car before? Tokico lowering springs can't raise a car from stock height lol.

Ramyswar 02-04-2012 05:09 PM

Lol yes yes, I had my eibachs on my stock struts. I just put the tokicos on the rear and the drop is very similar to the eibachs, but the ride is exceptionally better. I'm thinking of keeping the back all tokico(struts+springs) while putting the eibach springs+tokico-blues in front and see how that works. But so far I can tell a great difference between my rear and front suspension.