Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Trailing arm bushings -

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:47 PM
HCF Member
Default Trailing arm bushings -

For those of you who have changed your trailing arm bushings - is stock OEM honda bushings just as good as say Energy suspension? Also, the energy bushings dont come with the metal piece in them, is it hard to remove the metal from the old ones and then fit it into the energy one? Any help would be great, I have a bushing X-Tracktor that I am renting.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Trailing arm bushings -

if ur talking about the metal sleeve inside it is to easy to remove just something the same size as the sleeve and push it out. That is it. if it doesnt want to come out just lube it up with some sort of lub and let it sit then follow as above.

and to answer ur question about oem is not as good as ES bushings (OEM= RUBBER AND ES= POLY URATHANE)

for givr my spelling.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 AM

the stock bushings arnt as good as the ES ones but IMO its not worth the hassle. for the ES bushings, u have to use the metal collar from ur old bushings. this means u have to either burn it out, cut out, or find some other way of getting it apart from the rubber. i tried it and said f*ck it, sold the ES bushings and just got OEM ones which are doing just fine. unless ur racing, the difference will be minimal. even if ur serious about racing, the ES ones arnt the best, the Mugen ones have been proven better or spherical ones.

Old 03-09-2008, 01:51 PM
HCF Member

Thanks, I ended up buying OEM ones with all metal pieces intact. I was reading reviews and it seems that ES bushings are not working out very well for lots of people. They say its causing the trailing arm to "step out" on them.

Old 03-09-2008, 07:42 PM
mxs
HCF Member

Yeah the trailing arm is one of the applications where the poly bushings are really not better.