HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   Volvo rims on to a Civic? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/volvo-rims-civic-93822/)

mrobinson 07-29-2012 04:05 PM

Volvo rims on to a Civic?

Hi, I'm 16 and recently just acquired a silver 2000 Civic Dx Hatch as my first car, in almost perfect condition, only 107k on it, I love it. Anyway, the one thing I hate about it are the hubcaps. I'd really like to get some new wheels, although I'm on a very tight budget right now. My Family has a 1998 Volvo v70 GLT, that I was originally suppose to drive, until the power steering rack went, among other things, and to fix would cost more than the cars worth, so its going to be sold for parts. The one thing on it thats in ok condition are 15'' stock volvo rims. They're not perfect, quite a few scratches. But I really like the simplicity of them. Would it be possible for these to be put on the Civic? I don't know anything about cars really, but if needed pictures can be provided of both cars.

Thanks for any help!

cvcrcr99 07-30-2012 06:17 AM

What are the specs on the Volvo wheels? 4 lug, 5 lug? 4x100? 4x114.3? What is the offset on the wheels? you could alway just pull a wheel off the Civic and the Volvo and see if it works.

If you take the wheels off the Volvo, what are you going to be putting on there? Be careful if you plan on putting the smaller Civic Wheels on since they may not clear the brakes on the Volvo.

ChristianL 07-30-2012 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by mrobinson (Post 780526)
My Family has a 1998 Volvo v70 GLT, that I was originally suppose to drive, until the power steering rack went, among other things...

I'm guessing the automatic transmission, too. :D

I was THAT close to buying a '97 V70T a few years ago, but it had a few too many issues. It was a rare 5-speed, though.

Unfortunately for you, the Volvo's wheels won't fit on your Civic. The Civic needs a 4-lug wheel, and the Volvo is 5. You could convert the hubs on the Civic to a 5-lug bolt pattern, but for someone that doesn't know cars, that gets costly and complicated quickly.

But hey, if you find a wheel you like, get the specs (size, offset and bolt pattern), and we'll be happy to pass on our collective knowledge.

Good luck - and congrats on the new Civic and driver's license.

mrobinson 07-30-2012 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ChristianL (Post 780543)
I'm guessing the automatic transmission, too. :D

I was THAT close to buying a '97 V70T a few years ago, but it had a few too many issues. It was a rare 5-speed, though.

My mom probably 7 years ago had a 98 s70, 5 speed manual, red with a spoiler...great car, wish she still had that one! I remember when they went to sell it no one wanted it because of the manual tranny:rolleyes:..

Anyway, thanks for all the answers, looks like I'll just save some money for a while then. I've probably learned more about cars in the last week than anything. Thanks again!