Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

tire pressure monitoring devices

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Default tire pressure monitoring devices

because our 08 cr-v has a factory tire pressure monitoring system, i wanted to have one for my civic. after searching, i found ones at tirerack.com and purchased the ones from orange electronics.
the local tire shop broke the wheels and installed the valve stem/sender units and i found a good place on the dash for the gauge. it shows the pressure of each wheel and the temperature (at the push of a button).
all in all it was a good investment-i can see the pressure of each tire with a quick glance. they are very accurate, too.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:16 AM
HCF Member

I'm kinda spoiled with the factory setup in my 01 Corvette. The digital readout that is built into the dash, directly in front of the steering wheel can display each tire's air pressure, as well as battery voltage, coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure, miles to empty, instantaneous mpg, trip miles (A and B), and all engine, steering, and brake codes. I keep the oil temperature displayed as a default.

But yes, everyone should have a tire pressure, as well as an ambient temperature readout.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:49 PM

i don't really like those monitors... they're kind of annoying.
like in my girlfriend's nissan sentra, the light came on saying the tires were low... so her dad checked them and they were fine. so now there's this annoying light stuck on.

she says it doesn't bug her... i don't see how. warning lights on the dash bug the hell out of me if they come on.

Old 09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
HCF Member

My warning message doesn't come on unless the pressure gets down to 24 psi. If your girlfriend's monitor is falsely reading pressure, have the monitor kit replaced if the tire pressure gauge you are using is really accurate (check with another gauge, first). There's no need to drive around with a false warning light displayed.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
i don't really like those monitors... they're kind of annoying.
like in my girlfriend's nissan sentra, the light came on saying the tires were low... so her dad checked them and they were fine. so now there's this annoying light stuck on.

she says it doesn't bug her... i don't see how. warning lights on the dash bug the hell out of me if they come on.
if the pressures were low at some point, the light will come on and on some cars the light will need to be reset. see if theres a reset button on or under the dash or in the glove box. if it still dosnt go out, its most likely a faulty sensor in one of the wheels.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

On some cars, such as nissans and some fords, they need to be reset using a special computer tool. The tools basically reprograms the sensors and you have to do all four at one time.

Old 09-21-2008, 07:03 PM

i'll look for a reset button tomorrow when i ride with her to school

Old 10-03-2017, 04:23 PM

how do I reset the TPMS light on my 09 CVivui. had a new sensor put in rt. front wheel'

Old 10-03-2017, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by pepsi bob
how do I reset the TPMS light on my 09 CVivui. had a new sensor put in rt. front wheel'
Fill the tire with air and drive above like 25 mph. If it’s on because it’s not detecting that wheel’s sensor you may need to take it back in.