Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

WHat rims do I want? Where should I buy? What should I stay away from? $250

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Default WHat rims do I want? Where should I buy? What should I stay away from? $250

Im looking to replace my stock 98 ex rims with a little style upgrade. Do you guys have any recommendations for somoene on a budget (250 or so)?

Is something like this decent? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/17-DZ...spagenameZWDVW

Looking for black or gunmetal with silver on the outer part ideally.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Default RE: WHat rims do I want? Where should I buy? What should I stay away from? $250

Eh, I'm not much a fan from rims - especially if you're on a budget. Depending on the colour of your car, I think taking the hubcaps off of your wheels, using sandpaper to even out the wheel and take off any rust, then painting it black looks pretty slick. On top of that, they're lighter than most rims you'd find, unless you look in higher range racing styles. But if you absolutely want rims, I'd go with a set of black/grey 7 or 9 spoked. I had Motegi's (5 spoke chrome) on my old Eclipse and they were ridiculously light.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:59 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: WHat rims do I want? Where should I buy? What should I stay away from? $250

If you are on a budget you probably don't want to buy 17" tires too. And if your car is at stock height it will look incredibly stupid.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:07 AM
HCF Member

get a of " drag " wheels ( rota's knock off's ) they are pretty good from what i've heard and they're quite cheap. IMO u should get them 15" or 16" and like mxs said 17" tires arent cheap and if ur car isnt lowered itsnot going to look so good. Ebay is a pretty good source to buy rims from so i'd say look for some there.

Old 12-07-2007, 04:22 AM

ORIGINAL: yo****hemonk

Eh, I'm not much a fan from rims - especially if you're on a budget. Depending on the colour of your car, I think taking the hubcaps off of your wheels, using sandpaper to even out the wheel and take off any rust, then painting it black looks pretty slick.
That is the quintessential ricer-ism, just behind cut springs and painting random things yellow. as stated before, get yoruself a set of 14"-15" (whatever size your wheels now are) drag wheels or some other inexpensive brand. just have any shop swap the tires.

Old 12-07-2007, 06:09 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Mossy

Eh, I'm not much a fan from rims - especially if you're on a budget. Depending on the colour of your car, I think taking the hubcaps off of your wheels, using sandpaper to even out the wheel and take off any rust, then painting it black looks pretty slick.
That is the quintessential ricer-ism, just behind cut springs and painting random things yellow. as stated before, get yoruself a set of 14"-15" (whatever size your wheels now are) drag wheels or some other inexpensive brand. just have any shop swap the tires.
true...

Old 12-07-2007, 09:23 AM

I'm gonna say this again... CRAIGSLIST! There are constantly sets of wheels on there WITH tires for around $250, just take a look around, ebay is good too. If you still want new stuff though, check out www.jlbmotorsports.com, they've got some pretty good prices on Rota and Konig wheels.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Mossy

Heh, couldn't agree with ya more, but sometimes simple things are better. I think it's ridiculous to ranomly paint your vent covers and gauge cluster housing colours, but taking the rims off and painting the wheels black has a subtle, cheap, and effective effect. Now say he wasn't on a budget, I'd suggest Motegi's but he wants to spend 250, that doesn't really leave much options. I'd rather be rocking something a bit cliche then use some cheap, heavy, crappy rims.