Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

whats the best for me?

Old 06-04-2008, 10:28 AM
HCF Member
Default whats the best for me?

i saved up the money to drop my car and get some rims so for the suspension what do i want. i'm going to get adjustable, might have to be a winter car as well. if you get tein basic coilovers how do you know how to set the spring pressure or do you have to have a shop do that and how much would that cost, also i would be installing them on my car, lowering them then taking them to be alined. im still looking at other brands, like skunk2, d2 racing, and buddy club. do these all come assembled? they are in the pic, doesn't say, do they come with the spring rate set? are these good deals, and what one do you recomend? its my daily driver that will not be raced, but i want a nice race feel and some quality parts that will last a while.

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/home.php?cat=1204

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...at=1855&page=1

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...at=2005&page=1

http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/...cat=446&page=1

Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: whats the best for me?

well IMO i like my koni yellows and ground control coilovers.... but then again the total is around 1200bucks for the coilover/springs, and the struts..... and you still need to reuse stock dust shields and bump stops unless you buy some new, and reuse stock top hats. but to really slam it id sugest the ground control tophats to extend the struts travel ability alittle more for a better ride and less chance of bottoming out the strut....
i also used skunk2 front tuner series camber kit and skunk2 rear camber kit.

a very nice combo........ IMO since ive using it right now. and so far i love it... just be sure to buy the coilovers with the right sleeves for the struts you chose!

they are adjustable springs and externaly adjustable struts...... some of the lower model struts are internaly adjusted which means you have to remove them and push the strut rod in and then twist it around in a vis to adjust the firm/softness..... can be iffie about those internaly adjustable struts....
i love my yellows since its only a plastic **** ontop of the strut to just turn and tweak to the softness/firmness that you want

the koni/ ground control is highly recomended combo.

its the main reason i chose this setup was to adjust the suspension very easily for winter lifted close to stock... and slamed for summer driving..

Old 06-04-2008, 04:56 PM
HCF Member

addiction2bass do you have any links to the setup you have? did you get everything from one place or no?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:06 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well i bought my ground controls used.... I DONT SUGEST buying USED.LOL i still had to order parts from Ground control and ended up spending just as much as if i would have bought new since i had to buy new sleeves and perches. big PITA. id definatly buy new from ground control
and the struts i bought from ebay to save like 150bucks.

and camber kits i also bought from ebay.
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_584594/tm.htm

Old 06-04-2008, 05:37 PM
HCF Member

cool thanks for that, yeah i already bought skunk2 rear camber mounts from someone local who was going to drop and never did so i got them for only $40, best deal ever, now i need the front

Old 06-04-2008, 06:51 PM

the Tein Basics would probably bebetter for you. u cannot adjust spring rates at all, only way to change that is buy new springs with different rates, in ur case dont worry about it. the Tein Basics are only ride height adjustable, which is all u really need. their a good setup, pretty smooth ride and will give u better handling than stock. Tein makes great products and their quality is top notch.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 AM
HCF Member

when you get the tein basic how do you know how much to tighten the top part that holds the spring on, it does matter how much you compress the spring when you tighten it correct? do you have to take it some where so you get an equal spring pressure? or just put the nut at an about equal space?

Old 06-05-2008, 05:08 AM
HCF Member

when you get the tein basic how do you know how much to tighten the top part that holds the spring on, it does matter how much you compress the spring when you tighten it correct? do you have to take it some where so you get an equal spring pressure? or just put the nut at an about equal space?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:07 AM