HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   Wheel Question: Enkei to Stock 00 Civic (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/wheel-question-enkei-stock-00-civic-74889/)

joe camarda 04-16-2009 11:24 PM

Wheel Question: Enkei to Stock 00 Civic

My son has a 00 Civic and when we bought it it had wider wheels and tires mounted. Since the car is going to be doing commuter duty we're looking to return it to stock.

So I have a question or two:

What is a fair price to expect to sell the set of 4 Enkei rims? They are 10 spoke, silver and look to be 8 inches wide. The rims each have two sets of 4 bolt holes. One of the rims has some slight curb damage.

The tires on two of the rims are still useable and they are: Dunlop SP Sport FM 901 215/45R17.

I'd like to purchase new wheels and tires and recover some of that cost by selling the Enkeis.

Any suggestions as to value of the Enkies?
What should I expect to pay for stock wheels?

Hope I'm posting in the right place. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
I'm in Modesto CA if anyone is interested a trade.

sfazngiants 04-17-2009 12:35 AM

hard to tell what you can expect from the enkei wheels all depending on the model. a ballpark figure maybe 400-600. for stock wheels are you looking for oem steelies with hub caps or are you looking for oem rims. oem rims such as the the ones that came with the 99-00 si's go for about 300-400 and you can find steelies with hub caps from 99-00 dx, lx, or ex for under 200 maybe.

its a good thing your going to get rid of those 17" enkeis, i think they look too big on civics in general unless its on the newer models.

btw, are you looking specifically for stock civic rims that came in 2000 civic's or are you open to any rims that are 15"? or stock 15" rims that came in other cars such as integras?

addiction2bass 04-17-2009 08:26 AM

well IMO if the wheels are not rubbing id just keep them on the daily car.
but if the ride is to bumpy to ya then go ahead and get the smaller oem wheels...

and for price range of your wheels just like said depends on the style rims and how BAD is the curbage!

your best bet is to put them up on craigslist and also put them up FOR TRADE in the listing for some OEM wheels since most people that want rims wont have a place to keep there stock wheels and wont even want them anyways ;)
now im not saying a EVEN trade of course..... probably 200-400bucks with ther stock wheels. all depending on there wheels condition and yours rims and tires included. you can most likely also get there hubcaps with there stock steelie wheels. ;)

joe camarda 04-17-2009 09:43 AM

Thanks for info...and I'm looking for almost anything that will work on a 00 Civic. Just cant look like junk of course and will have to accomodate stock size tires.

I appreciate that most people reading these posts are into performance and looks (and so am I, usually) but the Civic is going to my other child who just needs and wants a basic car.

addiction2bass 04-17-2009 11:33 AM

well im sure he wont mind the wheels. ;) i would just leave it as-is as long as they are in decent shape!
but if you do want some wheels any 92-00 civic wheels will fit that are 14s. 13s will only fit on the low DX model since the front brake calipers are smaller. not sure if the dx still had 13s with a 2000 tho since ive seen quite a few 2000s with 14s stock.

so if you really want to put it back stock wheels then try to get some 14s.

sfazngiants 04-17-2009 09:46 PM

it would be cool if you can get some pics up of the civic and the 17" enkei wheels

trustdestruction 04-18-2009 12:24 AM

Definitely don't keep those rims, they'll ride rough and 17's suck for daily driving. I like comfort and having 17's was torture. Now I have 15's and the ride is literally ten million times better and i don't grit my teeth over bumps.

List them on craigslist for a price slightly higher than what you think is fair and put "OBO" next to the price. Strongly encourage offers, but also make it very clear that you do not want lowball offers. This will help you make as much as possible without ripping anyone off.

Overurhead360 04-18-2009 05:01 AM

you can buy my wheels forsale!!!!! except... they are 17inch enkies, lol.