Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Wheels/Rims Q

Old 02-13-2010, 06:10 AM
Default Wheels/Rims Q

i want to change the tires & rims on my 2002 civic lx coupe. i am used to my old prelude that was lower and shorter w/ 17" low-pro's.

this car is taller than me & I do not like that. Can I replace these tires with
the same type of tire I had on my lude? They are not the same tires, cuz i sold the lude; but i just want to know if i can do that.

also, how much does it usually cost for someone to weld on a tip for the muffler. it is skinny & ugly. I like the wide mouth, tilt to the side one.

yeah, i am a female, but I love my honda & want to look cool in it.

VANITY.....what a vice!

thx 4 any info.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:18 AM

maybe I'm miss reading this but are you saying you want to put 17" wheels on the civic and the same tires from the prelude onto the civic?

Use this to figure out what tire will fit what wheel size.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Select...2&autoModClar=

If you're putting on a 17" wheel, you'll need a 205/45R17 size tire. just changing you wheels/tires the correct way wont lower your car, you need to change the suspension for that.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:36 AM
HCF Member

A side tilt muffler could barely [if that] be pulled off by like a CRX haha on a 2002 Civic it'd be AWFUL and really lower the value of your car.....

On the rims are you asking if the tires will fit? or if the rims will fit on your car? I am almost certain that preludes have a different lug width.... [not 4x100] so I dont think the rims will fit........

Old 02-13-2010, 11:01 PM

Wheels don't make your car lower unless you buy the wrong tire size (which is not recommended). You need lowering springs (or coilovers) and adequate shocks to make the car lower.

If you want to just lower it and leave it there I recommend springs. If you need to adjust the height periodically (such as for winter driving in the snow) you would want coilovers. Since you are in Tampa I can't think of a reason for you to be periodically altering the ride height (keep in mind that this would also require an alignment every time you change the ride height).

Also, you should keep in mind that the body style of the Prelude is designed much flatter than the Civic so of course it will be shorter. The seats are also positioned lower in a Prelude than they are in a Civic, because the Prelude is designed to feel more sporty.

For the exhaust I recommend going with something that still has a stock-shaped muffler (oval canister) but with a larger tip, since that's what you seem to be concerned about. I understand what you mean about the stock muffler tip looking too puny. APEXi WS2, APEXi Noir, GReddy SP2, Megan Racing OE Muffler, and the Tanabe Hypermedallion are all good examples of oval canister mufflers.
Those "drift" style angled mufflers are awful looking.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Lightbulb re: tires/rims

my original post said i already sold my prelude with her tires and rims ON HER still

i want to replace the tires on the 2002 civic i have now. it has the factory size on it.

just needed to know what to look out for....best lo-profiles & width/rims to go with this model.

thank you for any info.

Old 02-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Default Thx 4 ALL the Excellent Info

the info is priceless to me.

thank you soooo much