Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 PM
HCF Member
Default Energy Suspension polyurethane boots

Brand: Energy Suspension
Product: tie rod end, front end links, ball joint polyurethaneboots
Color: black
Cost: $22
Time: A couple of hours but I had to change a steering rack boot which took a lot of time. You do need a tie rod puller tool to pop off the tie rod end and the ball joint ends and the front end link ends as a hammer is not a viable solution. Rental cost was $14. It's quite simple. Remove cotter pin, unbolt castle bolt, use tie rod puller tool to unconnent tie rod end, remove old boot, stare at it, throw it away, pick up new boot, add grease, put on the tie rod end, reconnect, bolt on castle bolt, insert cotter pin and lock it in. Do the same for the other parts. It does requiremuscle so pansies may be unable to reconnect the ball joint while trying to put the castle bolt back on.
Ride: Steering has improved a smidge. That's about it.

Old 01-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Default RE: Energy Suspension polyurethane boots

i don't like those boots, because they are not sealed like the facotry ones, so the grease can wash out over time, and you would have to dissassemble it to regrease it becasue there is no grease fittings on them. i personally would have just bought a new tie rod end.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Energy Suspension polyurethane boots

ORIGINAL: ef4life

i don't like those boots, because they are not sealed like the facotry ones, so the grease can wash out over time, and you would have to dissassemble it to regrease it becasue there is no grease fittings on them. i personally would have just bought a new tie rod end.
Interesting you should say that. When I took off the OEM boots, I was wondering why they didn't have an area for the seal ring. I just bought them for the first time and didn't know this. Anyway, they are on.