Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tires

Pilot Front Upper Tower Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:22 PM
HCF Member
Default Pilot Front Upper Tower Strut Bar

Distributor: CarDomain Store
Product:Pilot Front Upper TowerStrut Bar
Car:1996 - 2000 Honda Civic Dx (Fits all trims)
Price: $36.43 Shipped (Currently priced at $24.95)
Installation: The item was shipped in pieces in one box. It did not include directions, but the installation difficulty proves the directions otherwise useless. First, I assembled the bar by connecting the center section to the end links that were included. Then I removed the four strut tower bolts in the engine bay. I placed the bar in position, then tightened the endlinks to secure it's position. Then I torqued the strut tower bolts back to their original specs listed in the manual. This bar has a great fit for the dx model civic's (or any trim with the "bottle-neck" intake manifold) with an aftermarket intake system.
Installation Time: 10 minutes (5 minutes to assemble, 5 minutes to install)
Review: I give this product a 5 out of 5. The product does have minor flaws in the finish where there are crease marks on the center section bends,but otherwise unnoticable. The endlinks could have been manufactured a little stronger, but the finished product is sufficient for aggresive street driving. For the front strut bar, the change is slightly noticable in low and high speed sharp turns. The transition throughout the turn is drastically improved and this product eliminates a substantial amount of body roll. Overall, the product is a great, easy, and fast upgrade as far as suspension is concerned. For the price, it is definitely worth the money, especially when compared to other high priced brands such as cusco, dc, and etc. Here is a picture of the product installed on my 1997 Honda Civic Dx Coupe:

Old 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Pilot Front Upper Tower Strut Bar

thats sweet. Just curious, howcome you didnt get matching strut bars?

Old 03-22-2007, 03:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Pilot Front Upper Tower Strut Bar

ORIGINAL: blackmetal619

thats sweet. Just curious, howcome you didnt get matching strut bars?
there's no point in matching when you can't see both at the same time. plus the rear pilot strut bar doesn't match the trunk carpet as well as my NRG rear strut bar does. and the front pilot strut tower bar is made to fit my application (or any other application with the d16y7 intake manifold "bottle-neck" and intake) and it's all about matching the colors. lol