Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

A chance to do it right, clutch questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 11:25 PM
Default A chance to do it right, clutch questions

Hi as you can tell i pretty much just registered however im hoping to make this a normal thing, I got ahold of a 01 ex a couple months ago and its pretty much in such bad condition that i had to garage it and drive my maxima. Im saving up a bit of money for the next month and then im gonna act on getting my baby fixed, sucks missing stick in this awful weather. I already know I'm going to have to replace my clutch therefore i was wandering if any of you could maybe reccommend me a nice setup that you've already experienced and approved. I need a new clutch which i want a short throw shifter as well and probably even going to do the flywheel. I've looked over some parts and got some ideas theres just a lot of in the air questions that i wish i had more civic knowledge for. I'd rather save money for an extra month and do everything the right way so the entire drivetrain is brand new since the car only has 35k miles on it, LOTS and LOTS of life especially with its rims. I may possibly need a trans as well if thats what my 2nd gear popping out in low rpms when im going to park sumwhere means but thats going to be another project because i wanna get this sorted out first. If theres any enthusiasts around the joliet area in illinois message me and we'll talk thx - ben

Old 12-05-2006, 12:19 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: A chance to do it right, clutch questions

You'd better combine clutch and tranny job, cause you have to remove your tranny to get to the clutch. Just my 0.02