HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Vendor Group And Special Buys (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/vendor-group-special-buys-17/)
-   -   HIDS GB... $250 shipped (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/vendor-group-special-buys-17/hids-gb-%24250-shipped-8737/)

Auto98EX 09-27-2005 10:21 AM

RE: HIDS GB... $250 shipped

hey 95exrv6, I got the kit but I need some help with which way the power leads go into the harness adapter

95exrv6 09-27-2005 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 41285

this is all you REALLY need to know
if this does not help you install the kit, bring it to someone to install
better safe then sorry

Auto98EX 09-27-2005 12:02 PM

Your picture doesn't exactly match what I was sent

[IMG]local://upfiles/4809/7FC321A49C1F40A6893E028C0A525DE7.jpg[/IMG]

Auto98EX 09-27-2005 09:44 PM

If it helps any... the stock wires are solid black (inside plug), red with thin white stripe (top plug, stripe may be yellow, can't tell) and red with black stripe (outside plug, stripe may be silver)

When I say inside/outside, i'm referring to the side closest to the engine (inside) and away from the engine (outside)

I assume the wires going to the HID controller are black/negative and white/positive, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

absoulute 09-27-2005 10:24 PM

please if anyone buys these please put them in right or i think its rice

Auto98EX 09-27-2005 11:41 PM

Well that's a very non-specific request. What do you consider to be the right way?

ORIGINAL: absoulute

please if anyone buys these please put them in right or i think its rice

7thgenDMAN 09-28-2005 03:06 PM

I just picked up an 05 Saleen mustang and I need to get some of these hids. Do you carry the bixenons in a h13 bulb. Thanks

DMAN

hondaboi 09-29-2005 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Auto98EX

[IMG]local://upfiles/4809/7FC321A49C1F40A6893E028C0A525DE7.jpg[/IMG]
Hi Auto98Ex,

My name is cleaver, I was the one who made the order of the HID kit. Shaun is my business partner. I can try to help you on your problem. Basically a normal H4 bulb has three prongs (Common ground, and two positives [one for high and one for low]). With the LOW beam only HID kit, basically you lose the capability of having highbeams.

However the stock OEM plug still has three females ends (to accomodate the normal H4 bulb). With the HID kit that you got that only has two on the picture you provided, one will be ground and one will be positive. To find out which one goes to where, you would need to do some trouble shooting on the installation. You will not damage the system by plugging in the wrong one.

You would start off with plugging the black of the HID kit to the middle of the female end of the OEM plug OR to the "solid black wire" that you described. Then the white (positive) would plug in either the left or the right OR to one of the other wires. Then, you would turn on your headlights and see if it works properly. If it flashes like a strobe like that means its wrong and its on the highbeam plug which you do not want (unless you want your highbeam power always on).

So, in the end what your really only doing is switching around the two plugs on the three female oem plugs. Eventually you will find out which one works normally. YOu would also need to disable your DRL's because if you leave it on, the HID kit would keep flashing and would damage the ballast.

I hope this helps a bit...let me know if you need any more assistance! :D

hondaboi 09-29-2005 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: 7thgenDMAN

I just picked up an 05 Saleen mustang and I need to get some of these hids. Do you carry the bixenons in a h13 bulb. Thanks

DMAN
Sorry, the only bixenon option we have is for H4's...
[&:]

ps: I like these smilies..its soo cool! [8D]

Auto98EX 09-29-2005 11:03 AM

Thanks Hondaboi. I pretty much went through the exact process you described two nights ago... trial and error ;)

Anyway I figured it out and they're working fine now, and look great. Thanks for trying to help, though! Even though I got impatient and figured it out on my own, the gesture is still much appreciated :)

Oh and thanks for the great deal!