West AK, CA, NV, OR, UT, HI, WA, ID

Cali People, I need your help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 01:56 PM
HCF Member
Default Cali People, I need your help.

As someone posted here a few days ago, Sacramento county has just received a huge chunk of money to combat "illegal street racing". As many of you know, I do not agree with street racing, though I admit i have done my share in the past. thats done now. the real problem with this is the fact that they are not just hunting down people at the illegals anymore. now it is considered to be probable cause to search a car for "illegal modifications" if it has stickers, a high spoiler, or visible extra guages." and they are having roadside checkpoints. they pull everyone in an import over and pop their hoods. its getting rediculous. I need anyone in Cali who wants to stop this here and now, before it spreads to a city near you, to get me on AIM, and im going to spend a couple of hours doing research. any help I can get would be appreciatted. and if anyone knows any cops or lawyers in CA, defineately hit me up with a way to contact them. And see what street racing has done? it has now made it so that cops can justify to the public, the pulling over and random searches of imports, simply because they are imports. My recommendation to everyone here is to stop street racing, and try to get as many people to stop in your areas, because this isnt going to stay exclusive to Sacramento.

AIM=hve2drve

Old 08-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Default RE: Cali People, I need your help.

sac oh buddy ol pal, maybe you should move down here to l.a. its not that damn bad...geez.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:47 PM
HCF Member

F that, I want to move to Reno. smog checks there are a sniffer. no visual. and the sniffer isnt even strict. or outside of the county Reno is in there is NO smog at all. well, maybe in veas to, but im stayin North.

Old 08-13-2005, 10:05 PM

hate the heat down there.

I am actually scared to drive my car right now

Old 08-14-2005, 12:36 AM
HCF Member

this is absolute BS, im looking into SEMA helping out. they should have a HUGE stake in this.

Old 08-14-2005, 12:38 AM
HCF Member

heres a little bit of good news.exhaust testing

Old 11-06-2005, 01:47 AM
HCF Member

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/streetlegal.html

Just some info for thought I hope the Greddy Evo II i want i don't get ticketed for it...

Old 11-06-2005, 02:16 AM
HCF Member

if you do, you just go to the Referee and they can test it, then you get a nice piece of paper that you can show cops down the road, showing its legal.

Old 11-06-2005, 02:29 AM
HCF Member

Man, I don't think I have seen you so worked up over anything. It must be getting bad out there. What can I/we do outside of Cali?

Old 11-06-2005, 10:16 AM

I got pulled over the other morning fo exhaust noise, and tha *** checked out everything in my car. Popped my hood, asked about EO numbers for my IC piping. Asked about EO numbers for my brakes. Asked if my lights are legal. Asked if I had NOS. Then told me he was going to have to write me up for my "heads up display" I was like WTF, I dont have a heads up display. He pointed to my screen, and I looked at it and asked, "this?" Yeah. This is not a heads up display, it is a navigation unit and it is a driving aid. He said I couldnt have it there though. I told him I bet the lawyers at a lil company called Pioneer would disagree.

He ended up writing me for the exhaust noise, so I call the state REF to make an appointment to get the Db test and the lady making the appointment asks me to read the VC (violation code) to her. I read it and she says are you sure. I say yup and she has me read it about 6 more times. Then she seems very confused cause its not an exhuast violation but she gets me an appointment anyway. The ticket stuff comes in the mail and now the ticket is for "overtaking and passing unsafely"

Stuping Fing pigs.

Im in court the 15th, Ill fight it then.

Quick Reply: Cali People, I need your help.