General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

auto painters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Default auto painters?

Is there anyone on here that paints? Preferably in the Chicagoland area.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:33 PM
HCF Member

Its not overly hard, im going to be painting my civic in a while here once i fix the body up again... What color are you looking to do? if its not metallic its SO easy, and all you need is a decent compressor, spray gun, good mask and some tarps to make a makeshift paint booth really (after all the paint prep work has been done) I bet someone is going to say im an idiot here, but i have done it, and it turned out great, the only thing that happened with me, is i did not have the tarps making a cheap paint booth, and i had one ball of fluff land on my paint job XD but other then that its all good.

Old 03-12-2010, 09:54 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i cant see it being too hard to spray, but i would end up screwing somehing up lol

Old 03-13-2010, 07:54 AM

I know it's not hard. I painted my s2000 Porsche gt3 green. I did it in my mom's garage and let me say doesn't want me to do it again. I live in a town house and there is no way I can paint the civic there. I've already fixed everything that needs to be fixed and primed the civic. I just need to find some one or some where to spray it.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Sir Banned-a-lot

u went from a s2k to a civic... may i ask why?

Old 03-13-2010, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by supersize
u went from a s2k to a civic... may i ask why?
I didn't go from an s2000 to a civic. The s2000 sits in the garage. I've spent way to much time and money on the s2000. I would never sell it. I have an 09 Grand Cherokee as a daily driver. I commute to school and I am spending $15-$20 on gas so I bought the civic as a daily driver.

Old 03-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i love that color!

Old 03-13-2010, 06:38 PM

Do you have any friends in the military that are stationed near by? Most bases have paint booths, heat lamps, paint guns, compressors, inline filter/dryer, body shaping tools and so on. The one I use even has ASE mechanics to answer questions as well as a body/paint guy I can hire to either do the whole job for me or help me.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:57 AM

i love that color!
Thanks, so do I.

Do you have any friends in the military that are stationed near by? Most bases have paint booths, heat lamps, paint guns, compressors, inline filter/dryer, body shaping tools and so on. The one I use even has ASE mechanics to answer questions as well as a body/paint guy I can hire to either do the whole job for me or help me.
I don't know anyone who is still in the military. I have everything to do it as I just did my other car a few months ago. I just need somewhere to do it.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:06 AM

That is one sick looking S2000 dude, props.

Quick Reply: auto painters?