General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

help me decide what car i should get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 08:20 PM
HCF Member
Default help me decide what car i should get?

SUMMARY---
might be trying to get a new car soon. stuck between 2 types of cars.
so what do you guys think? should i go with a
---cruising-type car (something like an acura tl type s probably sound system)
---or a turbo'd car (something like a civic hatch)?

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. Im trying to make a list of what cars i should get next (which may or may not be soon)

i have a POS automatic civic ex coupe right now....

Couple weeks back i decided to get an 03 acura tl type s and just get a nice sound system and leave it at that and have a car that can be used to cruise around in and also have people be comfortable in it. just a nice drivable car.

but then my friend is in the process of turbo'ing his integra and im about to go check it out tomorrow. so i starting thinking about getting a EK civic hatch and turbo'ing that car. ive also seen videos of d16 engines that pulls really good and it'd be pretty cool to have a sleeper looking car that also has a d16 engine and not a b16 or 18. every time i see a hatch back now it looks even better than the last time.. i love hondas/civics but idk if i should give it up or not.... if you have a turbo'd hatch or even a coupe, how do you like it? is it fun to drive?

----------------------------------------------------

so what do you guys think? should i go with a
---cruising-type car (something like an acura tl)
---or a turbo'd car (something like a civic hatch)?

sort of a big decision since im probably going to have to keep this car for a long time.

if you have any other options that would be better, im open to all ideas at this moment. thanks for reading!

Last edited by h.huynh; 04-24-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
HCF Member

well, what would you prefer to do? cruise, or go faster. i've had both at two different stages in my life. tried the show car thing when i was younger, loved cruising with a beating *** system. now, i'm kinda out of that stage and would rather have a little power. so it really all comes down to what YOU want. you're the one that's gonna be driving it.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

why is your car a POS? J/w if it'd be better to take that car and put all the money you'd spend on a new one into that one.

Just a suggestion

Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 PM

If you get a manual transmission Civic, even with a stock D16Z6 or D16Y8 it will be a lot more fun to drive than what you have.

Also, upgrading the suspension makes it more fun to drive than making it faster. Then you can drive through the twisties with confidence and it feels great. You can of course make the car faster, but without a good suspension setup it will still suck.

Old 04-25-2009, 12:52 AM
HCF Member

How much money are you willing to spend? The acura tl type s is going to b more expensive of coarse so throw out some numbers. How much money you have to spend will determine what you should do.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:49 AM
HCF Member

Haha cronic isn't seph07 great!! I love that guys posts