General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda Security. Worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 12:06 AM
Default Honda Security. Worth it?

(we dont have a security thread. i think we should have one)

i live in new jersey. the highest insurance rate state in the US because of street racers and car theft.

for the past couple of days i've been searching for good security systems for my honda. i've read almost every brand of security systems and models offered by viper and other non-popular brands.

i think its me, but i still feel uncomfortable reading what these "security systems" have to offer. i somewhat dont trust them.

there was a rumor going around that anti-virus companies were the ones MAKING virus's to keep their company alive. why does norton and mcfee come out with virus updates almost every week?

well, the same idea hit me with these systems ....

THEN. i remember a show on "hogan knows best" on VH1 about hulk hogan bugging her daughters car so he knows EXACTLY where she is. i found something like that on viper's site also. viper gps i believe its called. i read that and it said it would only track the speed and direction for 30 minutes? *sigh*

then i went to "www.lojack.com" this site explains a gps connected to the vehicle with police officer's assistance. if a car is reported stolen, the police will be notified immediatly and track the vehicle? umm .... sounds too good to be true? can someone vouche for this company? can someone tell me your own personal opinion about it?

seems that we're all very concerned about the safety and security of our personal belongings and vehicle. but though all those "security systems" and "gps" as well as "hidden feul pump" switches ... are we really that safe?

Old 03-09-2007, 12:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Honda Security. Worth it?

I would say it's better than nothing at all. I hear ya, I read into a lot of stuff befor I buy it because I know there are scammers out there. But a good rule of thumb is you get what you pay for, the more money you dish out on a security device the better it will be.

Sounds like your pretty worried about your car but hey I would be too if I lived in jersey....

Old 03-09-2007, 01:25 AM
HCF Member

lol about the virus thing.

dude, just get an alarm on ur car and a killswitch.
throw a club on the steering wheel, and
keep ur car in a garage.....you'll have no problems.

Old 03-09-2007, 01:28 AM
HCF Member

The best security money can buy... TRUNK MONKEY.

Old 03-09-2007, 09:16 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

The best security money can buy... TRUNK MONKEY.

that was an awesome commercial

Old 03-09-2007, 03:01 PM

On both of our Civics we had the Immobilizer installed. You get a key with a chip in it--that chip must be there for the car to function. If someone happens to get the key and steal your car with that, you can have your car remotely disabled. (here's a link--hope you can view)

http://www.autotrader.com/research/s...amp;restype=us

Personally I like the kill switch idea. Alot cheaper, and hopefully the dick stealing your car wont find it.