General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Honda Turbo Model

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 04:34 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Honda Turbo Model

I read about Civic diesel. Pretty slick so google and you will find one.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:08 AM
HCF Member

I guess I should of said "comparable", seeing how most people compare these cars to one another. You know in your mind you do, so don't act like, "ugh there like apples and oranges man blah blah".

Old 12-22-2007, 02:35 PM
HCF Member

how can you compare 2 $30k plus cars with ~300hp and AWD to a FWD 100-200hp (depending on year/motor) car that is $14-20k? Civics compare more to TCs, Horollas, Kia Spectras, Tiburons,Focus', Cobalts, etc... economy cars, not rally-inspired high-performance cars. i don't know anyone who would compare a stock civic to a stock sti, that would be retarded...

Old 12-22-2007, 03:29 PM
HCF Member

thats the reason i bought a civic, so much to work with and so much potential.... i think hondas doing well and they should keep doing it, screw the forced induction i think high hp with an n/a motor is sickkk

Old 12-23-2007, 12:38 AM
HCF Member

Ok, well my original question was, "how come they don't come out with a turbo civic to 'compete' against Subaru STI and Mitsubishi Evo's" for here in the states? Aside from the fact that they are AWD. Honda could still have a car in that bracket over here that people would jump all over. And seeing how they are all japanese cars they do compete for sales and dif models.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:08 AM
HCF Member

I dont think people would "jump all over" a rally inspired honda. People buy hondas because they're reasonably priced, reliable, and get good gas mileage. When was the last time you saw ahonda carthat you wanted to buy over 30k? Even older used s2ks dont really sell for over 30k. Before honda releases a concept car, they have to think of the potential buyers. And how many buyers would spend a ridiculous amount of money on a honda? (not comparing to acura, thats different) Honda sports car sales are low, how many nsx's and s2ks do you actually see driving around? I've only ever seen 1 nsx, and it was in a car show.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:00 PM
HCF Member

if they were to have a turbocharged civic it would be too expensive, people want civics cuz they are reliable and get good gas mileage. so if you wanna turbo civic... built your own :] plus its more fun that way.

Old 12-24-2007, 03:14 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Masonn

I dont think people would "jump all over" a rally inspired honda. People buy hondas because they're reasonably priced, reliable, and get good gas mileage. When was the last time you saw ahonda carthat you wanted to buy over 30k? Even older used s2ks dont really sell for over 30k. Before honda releases a concept car, they have to think of the potential buyers. And how many buyers would spend a ridiculous amount of money on a honda? (not comparing to acura, thats different) Honda sports car sales are low, how many nsx's and s2ks do you actually see driving around? I've only ever seen 1 nsx, and it was in a car show.
yea.. umm I guess there aren't a lot of people that buy honda to do mods toand like the vtec soley because they think they are fast. Sure obviously there are people on budgets that want an econobox car and Yes thats "obviously" what honda is geared for which is great in my opinion. How many people on this site you think bought there car because they just wanted a good commuter? I think you should rethink that money statement lol... I don't think yourthinking out of the box.

I don't want to flame you Masonn, cause that is a good point with the money bracket, minus well get an Acura for that much money. But I see a lot of people with STI's around my area, i'm sure Honda could come out with a competitor to push those sales this way, for under 30k. All I'm saying with this oneI'm not going to bicker I just had athought in mind and I got my feedback [X(]