General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

I'm pretty sure I'm retarded...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 09:33 PM
HCF Member
Default I'm pretty sure I'm retarded...

Ever since last weekend I've been smelling exhuast when I'm at a stop for more then a few seconds... I couldn't figure out how it was from my cat back up to the inlet, but somehow it did everytime. Finally the other day, I decide to jack it up and take a look. Long story short, I didn't have the pipes together enough, so with the help of another person on their back pushing the muffler forward, I got everything where it needed to be, with some Acousti-Seal for good measure. After a night of drying, I then had this terrible rattle (sounded like I was dragging a pipe) when the motor vibrated a lot. To top it off the smell was still there...

As frustrated as can be, I open the hood today before jacking it up again to discover that when I changed my oil last weekend I never put the oil cap back on....The smell wasn't exhuast, it was oil on the hot engine. (Go figure why I didn't smell it for the week between the install and when it started).

I was down about 3/4 of a quart, to where it was just under the minimum on the dipstick. I had just driven it ***** out, so there was oil everywhere, and I just feel incredible fortunate that I didn't run out of oil (or lose the cap ). After adding the oil, it started up about half as quickly as normal, but everything is good... (The rattle was an exhaust heat shield...all gone now!)

So in lou of Forty's tragedy, I almost added another motor to the death count....so remember kids, always put your oil cap back on!!

P.S. Projectors go on Monday!! Put the HID ballasts in today, and I'll be sure to get the pictures up that night hopefully!

Old 02-02-2007, 09:41 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: I'm pretty sure I'm retarded...

woo you are lucky

Old 02-02-2007, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

Try changing the oil in your '69 Mustang, only to realize that when you're putting the fresh oil it you see a puddle starting to move it's way towards your feet. WTF?!?!? Then you realize that you forgot to replace the drain plug. That's 'tarded dude, THAT is 'tarded.

Old 02-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Eun

THAT was a close one.

Old 02-03-2007, 01:49 AM
HCF Member

Here's how you test if you're retarded... hit your chest with your hand in a sideways manner, and try to bite your ear.

I drove my car for about 3 days with not a drop of oil in it after my dad decided to be a re re. I drove the **** out of it. I just put oil back in and it's all good now.

Old 02-03-2007, 08:37 AM
HCF Member

Wow, now that's nuts...And I thought I was lucky.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:18 AM
HCF Member

LUCKY!!! I did that on my old Aries five or six times. Back then I was too stupid to not do it again. Again, you are LUCKY!!!

Old 02-04-2007, 09:50 AM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

Here's how you test if you're retarded... hit your chest with your hand in a sideways manner, and try to bite your ear.

I drove my car for about 3 days with not a drop of oil in it after my dad decided to be a re re. I drove the **** out of it. I just put oil back in and it's all good now.
wow that is not good, but don't think it wont have some effect on long term longevity

(long term longevity...kinda redundant)