General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

New To Driving, Honda Ek (:

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:09 PM

well, like the left side of the car is like black rims while the right side is Silver Stock rims :P

im trying to borrow my friends camera now . So i can finally get some advice

Old 08-30-2009, 01:16 PM
HCF Member

lol thats funny wtf haha sell the 2 extra rims yes?

Old 08-30-2009, 01:19 PM

Oh damn, I thought you meant you had 2 full sets of rims

Old 08-30-2009, 01:22 PM

hmm. Is there a site where they sell, like...

Name:  Rims.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  30.4 KB

^^ those. idk if the pics were from here but i found it from youtube.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:07 PM
HCF Member

I would leave the engine alone for now.

Here's my top priorities on stock civic:

-Suspension mods
-New rims/tires
-Exhaust
-Tint

Get some quality shocks like AGX, you can adjust stiffness with a simple dial. Get some quality lowering springs. Adjustable camber kit to keep the alignment close to normal. Skunk2, whatever, just don't cheap out

then some 16's or 17's(I wouldn't go bigger than 16's on a hatch) with some low profile tires.

click the link in my sig(My civic, see what I've done. If you're wondering I haven't done work on any car until last year when I started on my own civic with an intake then an exhaust.)

Old 08-30-2009, 06:18 PM
HCF Member

by AGX he means KYB AGX's which i have with Eibach Sportlines (springs) as well as someone else in this forum and i love them i also believe the other person recomends them
and i dont have a camber kit and my tire wear is fine you just have to make sure your toe is set properly, toe eats tires not camber

Old 08-30-2009, 08:15 PM
HCF Member

true, but before I had a camber kit, my tires slipped on wet roads. They grip perfectly now that they're even, but before I was a little nervous on curvy roads in the rain.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:35 PM
August 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Oh damn, I thought you meant you had 2 full sets of rims
Yeah, me too! That's kinda... weird.

But I have KYB AGX's with Eibach Ground-Control Coilovers, Eibach camber kit, and Function7 rear LCA's and I don't have one complaint with any of my suspension parts.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

honestly, its your car, if you want it JDM then just order your parts from japan, and dont let people tell you not to do something, you got to live and learn, if you want a 2 toned paint job with a body kit and a wing, go for it, as long as you like it. if you want to paint your interior, go for it. its your car, you have to drive it, not anyone else but you. always remember that. or you can do what i do, save you stock parts and modify spares, i got halo headlights and saved my stocks for when i sell the car, same with my seats and my sri. now i like the look of custom interiors so im going to head to the junkyard soon and get me all the vents and handles out of a junker and paint em up real nice and swap em over, that way when i go to sell the car of if i want to change it in the future, i can always revert the car back to stock or keep it modded, which ever the buyer wants but dont think your going to put a 1000 dollar paint job on the car and try to sell it that much over what you paid for it, you rarely ever get back what you put in unless someone else has the exact same style.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 PM

He asked how to avoid the ricer stereotype... so we told him how.

Quick Reply: New To Driving, Honda Ek (: