General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

One very long night

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by 94civichatchback
im to lazy to add the right puncuation if you want add them for me.
Honestly, I don't even know what you said.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 AM
HCF Member

So what do I do? Leave the car the way it is for now? thats tough for me lol

Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Chubby Chaser

no you can get it fixed you have pics.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Recognized HCF Member

If you're going to fix it yourself get some estimates from shops first, the judge will want to see those as evidence of the value of your loss. Then you can fix it yourself.

Since it jumped a ditch, you really should get it up on a lift and take a close look at the underside.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:41 PM

^Thats true. Ditches tweak frames...

Old 09-29-2009, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

I checked with my dad and everything looks in check. Drives straight. It was a really shallow ditch and couldnt have been going to fast or I would have had tons more damage. The tree wasn't even harmed. I'll fix it soon.

For the curious people, I checked the county jail listings to make sure it wasn't someone I knew and it was a 29 year old male. I also checked his name under the courthouse listings and he has had 25 court cases in the past three years. Go figure.

Old 09-29-2009, 02:23 PM
HCF Member

sucks to have that happened to your car, but at least you got it back with minor damages. maybe you can get an estimate and take plenty of pictures of the damages. but wow, crazy night for you.

definitely invest in an alarm system and you can also use the steering wheels locks and the autolocs. that should give you more time to catch them, since its going to take them more time to take your car.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:09 PM

If you ever do some serious mods to that car, I would definitely look into getting LoJack, living in a big city like Seattle.

Word is that LoJack will pay you like $2500 if your car is either stolen and totaled or stolen and not recovered within 30 days... and that's ON TOP of what insurance will pay out if you have full coverage. Also, LoJack you just pay to have installed (price varies... starts at like $800 and increases if you get extra features) and there's no monthly service fee like insurance has.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:20 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
If you ever do some serious mods to that car, I would definitely look into getting LoJack, living in a big city like Seattle.

Word is that LoJack will pay you like $2500 if your car is either stolen and totaled or stolen and not recovered within 30 days... and that's ON TOP of what insurance will pay out if you have full coverage. Also, LoJack you just pay to have installed (price varies... starts at like $800 and increases if you get extra features) and there's no monthly service fee like insurance has.
I dont exactly live in what you call Seattle but suburbs of Seattle. But yes, It is a very considerable thought. I am getting a new club from a friend and other anti theft tricks. I need to park it in the garage, there is just no room with my dads racecar stuff. I'll figure something out.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

Too bad there is no police chase video lol

Good story Glad he got caught, good luck with the repairs lewy... I never even got to make a sig with your new paintjob =/

Quick Reply: One very long night