General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

stock quater mile?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 08:09 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: stock quater mile?

and that 17 seconds is the 1/4 mile time, not 0-60, so your 14 second 0-60 jeep would not even compare to an average 8-9 second 0-60 of a civic. and a response like that will quickly make sure you dont get much help in the future. this is a very friendly and helpful site, and so a snippy response isnt taken kindly. if youre so worried about it, do a google search. instead of trying to get us to do your dirty work, then bitching when we dont get everything you might need. first impressions are a bitch.

Old 08-27-2005, 10:04 PM

nice reply sacs love it people don't know what search engines are anymore

Old 08-27-2005, 10:56 PM
HCF Member

Well, it's listed at ~ 16.6 or so, but that's probably with a pro behind the wheel. But at least it's capable of those times.

What mods have you done? I had I/H/E and a chip and could only manage 16.2 on the lil G-Tech with 1/4 tank and a lot of stereo.
Hey Street Sniper, I know you had that I/H/E, but can you go more in detail, like intake, just the CAI, or with a manifold, and exhuast, with a header cat back or what?
Just curious.

Old 08-27-2005, 11:05 PM

I appologize for that, I guess I'm being hypocritical because I didn't read even what I wrote, I'm new to the civic (just got my first one 4 days ago) and actually I'm new to cars period. That Civic was the first car I have ever drove. My parents always had trucks and Jeeps and I have had one for 4 years now and I'm used to slow acceleration and not so good handleing.

I just figured I would search google for a Honda Civic forum because I have been on a 4WD forum and the the people who have been there the longest usually know the answers that the newbs ask. And I found this forum by searching in google, and I used the search engine on the forum before even looking at the threads and I saw the 1/4 mile thread and it happened to be a recent one so I figured I would ask there instead of posting a new redundant topic.

I'm sorry for getting all snippy, I just figured at least somone who happens to be browsing the forums would know the answer to the question. I also appologize to civicexracer for knocking the thread off track.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:43 AM
HCF Member

its all good. but now you know that we're not like most forums. we dont get all nasty when someone asks an annoyingly repetitive question. so try not to assume that we are being asses about an answer. you can usually tell for sure if thats the intention.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:01 PM
HCF Member

Hey Street Sniper, I know you had that I/H/E, but can you go more in detail, like intake, just the CAI, or with a manifold, and exhuast, with a header cat back or what?
Just curious.
Yeah, that was the whole point of my "HCF challenge." I wanted to see what kind of gains I got with each mod. I couldn't get a line on the intake though because my car cam with a SRI, but I did change the filter to a K&N.

This is what I came up with until I went Super D...

G-Tech says...
Stock-16.9 @ 85.3mph---104 whp
+Thundermuff Cat-back- 16.6 @ 87.4mph---114whp
+DC 4-1- 16.7 @ 88.1mph---112whp
+High flow cat + Skunk2 chip- 16.2 @ 91mph

I switched to the K&N with the high flow cat. I forgot to mention that. Bear in mind that these numbers are with a full tank and all of my sound in the trunk.