General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Why do automatic hondas shift at redline?????

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Default RE: Why do automatic hondas shift at redline?????

Yeah, I know some GSR's have autos, but I was commenting on the poor combination of the tranny and the car (honestly, you'd be much happier with a manual.)

Old 12-11-2004, 10:56 AM

yeah i know a manual would be better, but when i ordered the engine it was $1000 cheaper for the AT and at the time i was kinda on a budget, I dont like half assing stuff, so i decided to just get a manual later and have it done up right for my specific needs and then put it in instead of having to mess with bits and peices at different times, well now the time has come and i am going to get a manual, my mechanic says he can do a JDM Honda Integra Type-r 6 speed swap, so I am going to do the clutch, flywheel, LSD, Spoon Final Drive gear set, and everything else all at once.

Old 12-11-2004, 11:02 AM

Im not about drag racing, i mean i like it but my car isn't being made for that, i'm mostly just about hauling *** and top end power and speed. I know there are other civics out there that can eat my *** alive in the 1/4, but that's cool i give them mad respect, its just i'm building my car to be a daily driver kinda, but have the power and speed i want to play around when i wanna play.

Old 12-11-2004, 12:32 PM
HCF Member

my mechanic says he can do a JDM Honda Integra Type-r 6 speed swap, so I am going to do the clutch, flywheel, LSD, Spoon Final Drive gear set,
correct me if im wrong guys, but isnt the jdm type r 5 speed until the k series came along? and the type r tranny comes with a pretty damn good lsd. and for the cost of a spoon gearset, your money would be a lot better spent elsewhere. the 98 spec type r comes with a 4.785:1 final drive anyway. thats pretty short to begin with.