HCF Suggestion / Forum Help Center This section is for suggestions and help pertaining to the forum, not for help with a car.

The private for sale forum

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:10 PM
Default The private for sale forum

I think there should be a minimum number of posts required in order for people to post in the for sale topic. Im so tired of people coming in here and the 1 and only post is whatever for sale. It could also crack down on possable scammers.

Old 05-02-2005, 10:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: The private for sale forum

i like that idea.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 05-02-2005, 10:53 PM

Not to mention since they arent regulars they never check back to see what Qs people have for them

Old 05-02-2005, 11:02 PM

yeah, I think thats a good idea too. Even though I haven't been on the forums too long, I have already had some problems with that.

Old 05-02-2005, 11:11 PM

I used these rules on another board when I moderated the For Sale forum. I would be willing to do the same and moderate this one.

1.) **** talking DO NOT POST in other ppls For Sale threads unless you are asking a question that directly pertains to the sale of the item listed. "Bumps" and "props" are fine. Negative comments will not be tolerated. They will be deleted.

2.) Minimum post count - less than 10 posts, and the sale gets yanked.

3.) Asking Price - Sale must include asking price, a ballpark starting point is fine, but people need to know where to start with negotiating with you lowballing ****'s.

4.) Vehicle sales

4.a.) pictures are required within 24 hours of original posts, or available via email. This helps both the buyers and the sellers.

4.b.) no more sale thread for friends. Its apparently very difficult to understand that if "Joey" lists "Billy's" car, then Joey probably can't answer too many questions, and to contact Billy directly.

4.c.) Contact infomation is required. Either a phone number, email address, or instructions to post or PM the seller. This will also encourage the seller to delete the thread when the car is sold (hopefully).

4.d.) Delete the thread once the sale is completed. Most people don't do this, but it has been asked of the sellers in the past. If something gets bumped up after the sale for some reason, we'll probably just lock/delete the thread, at our discretion. the for sale forum is ungodly hard to follow because ppl do not come back and delete the stuff after its sold or purchased. We will start deleteing old messages and you will have to create new ones if you cant respect the board enough to get rid of your own trash...do not post "its sold" -- Please go back to your first post hit the edit button and physically remove the post.

5.) No sales for businesses who are not site sponsors.

Old 06-03-2005, 06:03 PM

yeah i agree with all that except maybe up the post minimum to 1st gear members only. kinda adds a lil security against scammers. i really feel ya on the deleting old sales point too. way too many ads on there and most of em are not up to date.