Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2014 Civic EX - problem with tire sensors

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Default 2014 Civic EX - problem with tire sensors

Hello, ya'll.....I got a new 2014 Civic EX last month....now with only about 600 miles on the car I've already had the check tire light erroneously come on twice although there was no problem with any tire at all. The first time I was near the purchase dealership when this happened so I tooled in and they carefully examined the car, no problems with any tire. They claimed that the light came on because the tires were over-inflated. I told them not by me...I hadn't even put any gas in the car! They claimed the cars are shipped over inflated to keep them from developing a flat spot (??) and that they probably forgot to lower the pressure before the car was delivered to me. The second time, yesterday, my wife was out of town when the light came on again....she took it to a dealer in Georgia who also said there were no tire problems and supposedly recalibrated the tire monitor system.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is it widespread with Hondas? I've been driving Toyotas for years and have never had a problem like this (or any real problem, at all). I love the Civic....but Honda needs to fix this problem right away.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:46 PM
HCF Member

well what was the tire pressure corresponded to the oem settings was it higher or lower ?? you mite be jumping to conclusions.