Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

95 civic stumping me

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:29 PM
Default 95 civic stumping me

I am stumped. My 95 civic will not start. No crank no click no dimming from battery. battery is good. My dash lights come on when I turn key on and I hear the fuel pump but when I turn to start the car. nothing. I checked power to starter. nothing. I tested starter anyway and it is good. I have power to distributor. I jumped my clutch safety switch. still nothing. All fuses are good. grounds seem to be okay unless I am missing one. I just put in a used ingnition switch that tested ok. still no go. I could not understand the test for the starter relay in manual but tried some random relays that fit (from other parts of the car) no go. I plan on picking one up tomorrow to be sure. My fuses are all unbroken but I did notice a 7.5 fuse for the ECU does not light my testlight. does this mean anything. pushstarting does nothing either. I am stumped. I thought I could save some dough by doing this myself. Now a week into it. a day off work and a part that did not help...... ugh.