New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

95 civic and a 12 gauge slug

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Kei
Default 95 civic and a 12 gauge slug

Hey everyone,
Name's Jeff and I am new the this particular forum. Normally I read several posts and back posts before posting but this is a bit of a frustration at the moment. I've left my other two honda forums because people were being jack-asses to the newbs and people who ask honest questions. Anyways, here my situation ::

95' Civic EX coupe 5sp :: The car is over heating, yet has no leaks. I've replaced all hoses except the bottom radiator draw hose. It has a new thermostat and sensors. Fan operates consistantly at proper temp, yet the car over heats in a BIG way. I just bought a 2ND new cap because it blew the damn thing off the car. What are the possible solutions to this complication?

-Head gasket? Water pump? (Though you can see it operating)

Need help please,
Jeff

Old 11-04-2006, 06:54 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: 95 civic and a 12 gauge slug

Replacing your hoses was a waste of money. Based on your car age, most probably you need new radiator. You can try to flush it and to clean it first, but I never was able to flush it good enough to restore its cooling ability.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:23 PM
HCF Member

head gasket. and a new radiator wouldnt be a bad investment at this point too. esp since overheating usually takes the radiator out.

Old 11-04-2006, 07:40 PM
HCF Member

People here keep talking about head gasket in relation to overheating. For some weird reason I never had overheating problem linked to head gasket. Radiator replacement, on the other hand, solved such a problem for me on two civics (ew5 and d16z6) and two other cars. I never had a cap blown off, though – this might be the key here.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:32 PM
HCF Member

Well are you losing coolant? If so, you need a Headgasket. If you do it yourself make sure you get the head cut, otherwise the new gasket will just blow up on ya.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Kei

Sorry for the belated responce everyone... I had to go get surgury on my abdemin. Now as for my Red pile of crap... It over heats with no leaks. The res tank fills and then overflows. There is no vapor or smoke, the radiator in car was bought last dec., I've replaced the thermostat, the hoses were replaced because they had dry-rotted (I check everything in the car pretty regularly just because cars are my hobby), there is a thermo switch and sensor both were replaced.

I had a professional shop install a used D16z6 because I had orginally had mine pretty modded out with cams, intake manifold, header, 10.5 pistons, and neiw rings all balanced to the crank....things like that. But I had the timing slip and it sent the piston into the valve assembly and stock was a manditory need. I got the car back and everthing was fine until about a month and a half - 2 months ago. Since then, the guy who installed the motor (Is also a friend of mine and manages the parts department at poway honda here in San Diego) has been buying my parts and doing free checks to try and fix it and that has gotten too expencive and **** now. I am rather upset by this as I don't have a clue what the hell is wrong with my car and I just want my daily driver back for the time being.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Kei
Sorry for the belated responce everyone... I had to go get surgury on my abdemin. Now as for my Red pile of crap... It over heats with no leaks. The res tank fills and then overflows. There is no vapor or smoke, the radiator in car was bought last dec., I've replaced the thermostat, the hoses were replaced because they had dry-rotted (I check everything in the car pretty regularly just because cars are my hobby), there is a thermo switch and sensor both were replaced.

I had a professional shop install a used D16z6 because I had orginally had mine pretty modded out with cams, intake manifold, header, 10.5 pistons, and neiw rings all balanced to the crank....things like that. But I had the timing slip and it sent the piston into the valve assembly and stock was a manditory need. I got the car back and everthing was fine until about a month and a half - 2 months ago. Since then, the guy who installed the motor (Is also a friend of mine and manages the parts department at poway honda here in San Diego) has been buying my parts and doing free checks to try and fix it and that has gotten too expencive and **** now. I am rather upset by this as I don't have a clue what the hell is wrong with my car and I just want my daily driver back for the time being.
Based on this info, I'll join other people saying this is your headgasket.