New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

about 400 bucks what to do first

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Default about 400 bucks what to do first

I am sorry if this is in the wrong section or something, I checked the stickies and couldent find just the right thing, Ok so I sold a bunch of stuff I had so now I am goign to have between 300 and 500 bucks, I have a bone stock 99 automatic LX civic I inherated and selling is not realy a option. So what I would like to know is how can I increase my exceleration and hp most for my money top speed is not realy a big deal to me. Keep In mind that I know nothing about cars I have been reading stuff trying to learn but I am very confused lol. Any and all help I greatly appreacted. p.s. my bad for spelling errors.

-Nick W.

Old 09-09-2006, 11:42 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: about 400 bucks what to do first

for adding HP, the first things that people will tell you to do is do the intake, header and exhust..this will make your car sound great and add a few HP

Old 09-10-2006, 12:11 AM
HCF Member

^ yep... with the money you should definetly as a first step get a better intake on it... you'll get better gas mileage and just a little more HP... it'll make your car accelerate just a little quicker.

You didnt specify whether or not you have a sedan or coupe so I guessed sedan and already got you started on procivic.com... http://www.procivic.com/pages-main_p...induction.html click on it and you can change the car specifics right where you see outline of that gray color civic. Anyways, alot of people will tell you that a CAI (cold air intake) is the best because it gets colder air... I had a SRI (short ram intake)... pretty much depends on the price you want to pay.

Basically, look through that website and ask questions when you see a part and dont know its function. You can always search on this forum in the huge list of threads and see a ton of conversations about your year of car... Alot of people have 99's so you'll be able to find out info really easy. Welcome to the forum.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:22 AM

cool thxand yup I have a sedan much to my dismay lol.

Old 09-10-2006, 05:57 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

i would say spend your money on a good exhaust first and then go with a cold air intake. if you want to go for looks though, i would say some rims and tires would make the car look pretty good.

Old 09-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Stinky Administrator

ORIGINAL: dutch militia

cool thxand yup I have a sedan much to my dismay lol.
don't worry about having a sedan they can make great sleepers.welcome to hcf

Old 09-11-2006, 10:39 PM
HCF Member

So much can be done to civics that is why they are so much fun. Just look around at pictures of civics and see if you like what they have done to their car.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:41 PM
HCF Member

I really like my sedan... IMO the 8th gen sedans look like bumble bees but the new 4dr SI is awesome... as for car stuff on your civ, it will all look nice. But for 400 i still think the CAI is the best and then save up and get a good exhaust kit... then a new header... it will end up being ALOT more than 400 bucks, these cars really are never ending!