New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

MY HOOD HATES ME.....HELP PLEASE...!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Default MY HOOD HATES ME.....HELP PLEASE...!

Hey everyone, lovin the forum. but i wish one of you guys can help me with this small problem thats im havin with my 95 ex. The car is currently parked in the backyard of my uncles house cuz of insurance reason. The things is that i go every couple of weeks to turned it on for a while, and for no reason i decide to pop the hood and i noticed that the lever for the hood was really loose after i had opened it. so i go to the front and the hood is jamed 'it wont open' i go back to the car and pull the lever again and noticed the cable had snaped. so at this point i panic and take the cable and take it out of the lever and pull itbut the hood wont pop. thats my problem what can i do to get this open, i mean i have to open it someday. this is really killing me i cant sleep cuz of this 'lol' but seriously how can i get this thing open?. any idea or suggestions will be highly appreciate, thanks for taking the time to read this novel.................thanks again.....

Old 01-04-2007, 04:55 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: MY HOOD HATES ME.....HELP PLEASE...!

Thats quite an ordeal it seems, The one thing about cables is that they rust and rot over time, and sometimes they just werent secured well enough for one reason or another. The average 9 to 5er guy that gets paid min wage to crimp those things in their packages lost his bonus, you name it.

I would suggest trying to get under the car and see if you cant get a clear view somehow of the latch, maybe if you can get a steady hand on the cable, and tell which direction it moves, you can get some needle nose or other type of tool and visualy see what needs to be done. I will check mine and see if I can tell any easy way to get at it.

Old 01-04-2007, 05:13 PM
HCF Member

i read this and i thought ur "hood" was ur place of residence not ur actual car "hood" lol so im of no help

Old 01-05-2007, 09:13 AM
HCF Member

you might want to take your front bumper off and see if you can somehow unlatch it. i know on my civic you can see and get to the latch.