New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New from Memphis

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:05 AM
Default New from Memphis

Whats up everyone Im new to the site and new to the import scene all together. I used to have a mini truck and have been into them for over 10 years. decided to give up the minis and get into imports a little. Im not into the racing side of it but more just the clean show car end. I have a 96 hatch. Clean little car wanting to do alot more to it in the future. Dont really know anyone in Memphis or anywhere really thats into imports really so hoping to meet some cool people on here and around the country. I dont know alot about my car like I said new to this and Im not a good motor guy lol. Any questions just ask away.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Welcome to the forum!

You say clean and show car? I assume you mean suspension, and NO BODY KITS.... right? Maybe a nice little lip kit and a decent drop on some 15's? That would look nice. Just saying.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:38 AM

This is what it looks like now.. Lowered on 16s. and yes NO BODY KITS.

Name:  c.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  18.3 KB

horrible picturee next time im in town ill get some better ones and put them up

Last edited by Shellhart; 02-14-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:46 AM

Looks like you are already pretty set. If anything, I would save up and get the lips painted along with the side moldings, mirrors, and door handles painted.

Honestly, you might even be able to find some of these parts from a 96-00 EX, or a 99-00 SI which are already painted red, making it easier for you in the end.

What were you planning on buying for the car? I would recommend finding some Del Sol seats (red stripe down the middle) if you want to start working on the car. The stock EK seats are terrible. Either Del Sol, or Integra seats get my vote IMO.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 AM

it has after market seats in it but not sure what kind and also not keeping they are a black leather and the leather is cracking. As far as paint goes I am going to wait until I get the body the way I want it with any other things I do to it I will probably shave the doors then Im going to paint the whol car back red and put some metal flake in it just not sure what colot flake probably a little silver. Not a lot just enough to tell its not the factory color but not to much that I will have to do under the hood and door jams

Old 02-14-2012, 01:10 PM

Sounds like a good plan. I have never been a fan of shaved doors/door poppers. It looks really nice and throws people off when they need to get into your car, but I have heard of horror stories with poppers jamming, batteries in the remote dying, leaving the person stranded.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:19 PM

Welcome to the forum!

Old 02-15-2012, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by Shellhart
This is what it looks like now.. Lowered on 16s. and yes NO BODY KITS.

horrible picturee next time im in town ill get some better ones and put them up

Looks really clean man I like it!