New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Nice to meet you!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:34 AM
Default Nice to meet you!

I'm soooo excited that I just had to tell someone... so listen up!!! I've had Civic's ever since I could drive and I love them, they look great (even the old ones) like my first Civic 1.4i 5dr Hatchback it just went on and on and I could just laugh at friends with their Fiesta's and Nova GTE's (LOL!) always breaking down on them.

I'd like to think I've matured since then and have since owned 3 other Civic's but none with as impressive a spec as my new one, ordered today at a brilliant price its the 2.2CDTi SE 5dr. Now I've never had a brand new one before and my last one was approx 12 months old when I got it (someone lost some money!) and can't wait for it to be delivered toward the End of March I am told.

I must admit that I am used to buying used cars and was a bit confused with buying a new car, went to my local dealer and he offered me a small discount but was fairly unhelpful in all honesty and I was not impressed... I expected to be treated well as this is one of the biggest purchases of my life! (After my second wife lol!).

I started to do some research online but wow-e there are a lot of sites selling new cars, brokers presumably and I knew they would be getting a fairly hefty chunk of comission for selling me a car and I would rather have that money in my own pocket thanks! Anyway I did come across one site which was slightly different to some of the others and collected quotes from dealers up and down the country including factory order and stock vehicles... (as it's my first I wanted one straight from the factory, built especially for me!). It was a very quick process, I was presented with the quotes and obviously went off to see if I could find them cheaper elsewhere on the net but it seemed the price was good and more importantly they were not a broker and thus, would not be pocketing any of my hard earned bottle tops! I asked to be put in contact with the dealer that provided my quote via Mycarquotes and after a brief discussion with one of there admin staff (Matt I think it was!) I was contacted by the main dealer and left to deal with them from that point on.

The dealer I spoke to was most helpful talking me through my concerns of buying a car from someone I have never met, and I placed my deposit and she was on order (WoooHoo!) in the end I popped into the dealer to speak to him (complete coincicidence that the missus wanted to go shopping near the dealership...obviously!) and it was nice to see that it was coming from a proper showroom much the same to the one I had gone in originally but the big difference was the price and the attitude of the dealer toward me.

Suitably reassured that my money and new love were safe in the hands of Honda I left the dealership and waited a good hour for the missus to finish in the shops and made our way home... talking about you know what nearly the whole journey home!! About time I did some talking for a change!!! My only hope now is that the car is delivered on time with no scratches or problems and if it is I shall send the good folk at Mycarquotes a huge thank you card. The website address was www.mycarquotes.co.uk ... see for yourself.