New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Shreveport, LA. 04 SI

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Default Shreveport, LA. 04 SI

Hey everyone, been wanting to get started in tuning my car. Hoping to learn a few things or 2 from all yall.

My ride: w/ K20A3

Fully stock not sure where to start, but i am looking into turbochargers and an exhaust system, any advice from some of the vets?

Turbo ive been lookin at:
http://www.racinglab.com/greddy-turbo-kit-11550024.html

Intercooler:
http://www.racinglab.com/greddy-ic-0009.html

Exhaust:
Not a clue

Any help would be appreciated.

-sean

Old 11-02-2007, 10:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Shreveport, LA. 04 SI

ok uhh id start with an intake and catback to start let your engine breath before turboing maybe nice header. it depends on how much you know about car work putting on a turbo is extensive work so if this car is a daily commuter i would rethink because you car could be out of commision for a couple of days as you install the turbo. some of the other guys here could probably give you additional advise

Old 11-02-2007, 10:49 PM

Im still learning my mechanical work on cars is about as far as changing out a IAC. My buddy who was a mechanic before comming into the service has been giving me help and i guess you could say ive been picking up things here and there.

Old 11-03-2007, 02:31 AM
HCF Member

Don't go jumping into I/H/E if you plan to boost. That intercooler kit is crazy expensive and so is the turbo kit. You should try piecing together your own kit. Before you do anything, research, research, research. We have a few DIYs on building your own turbo kits and also, check out the Forced Induction section for a lot of good info on how turbos work and such.

P.S. Your car is sexy. [sm=smiley20.gif] Welcome.

Old 11-03-2007, 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: WhiteRabbit1021

Don't go jumping into I/H/E if you plan to boost. That intercooler kit is crazy expensive and so is the turbo kit. You should try piecing together your own kit. Before you do anything, research, research, research. We have a few DIYs on building your own turbo kits and also, check out the Forced Induction section for a lot of good info on how turbos work and such.

P.S. Your car is sexy. [sm=smiley20.gif] Welcome.
Thank you for the advice im definetly going to check those out.