New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Why I like Honda better then Mazda and Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:21 PM
HCF Member
Default Why I like Honda better then Mazda and Toyota

Hey ya'll from South Carolina. I am new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I Finally after a year of making 2 mistakes have the right vehicle. A little over a month now I just bought a 07 SI. The car I should have bought a year ago.

I always knew Hondas were good cars. I had a 95 cx for a few years that gave me no problems; besides rust (I am originally from OH). When it was time for the 2 of us to go our separate ways I was torn between a Fit sport 5spd and a Mazdaspeed 3. The fit was impossible to get and I was able to get a speed 3 and I got the nav thrown in for free because the dealer was having trouble finding the color I wanted. Let me tell you something...that car screams. It is fast, it is fun to know that whenever some punk tried to rev his engine to me he probably did not know too much about my car or about his...no one that messed with me was ever able to hang with me. I do not condone stupid behavior like that, some people just need smacked around from time to time though =)

I got rid of that car because I got a new job that required me to drive a lot and I was going to be driving in undeveloped areas (some states call these level 'B' roads), they were roads made of sand and dirt...ugh I was going to trash that little car and couldn't bare to ruin it. I ended up getting an FJ Cruiser. It was a fun ride, totally different from that mazda (DUH!). I am a car guy though. I am not particular to a certain type of car or style. The end result is I think I have good taste and I am informed on what vehicles are good and which ones are crap...or so I thought.

The FJ as it turns out is having bad problems with the bodys splitting in the engine bay over the front suspension...GREAT! I have since moved on from that last job (its true what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side) so I really did not need that big truck anymore. I knew my dream of taking it offroading some day was never going to happen either since I babied that thing as if it were made out of Gold.

I traded the FJ in for my civic and oh my goodness. I think this is the best vehicle out of the 3 new cars bar none...period. The civics tranny feels stronger then either vehicles. I mean that darn thing is so smooth and it feels bullet proof. Its ride is better then the speed3. It feels more solid and better build quality. I would rather sacrifice a little speed with my Honda knowing that down the road it will still be running well as compared to that speed3.

If anyone has doubts look a little on youtube...I think if you type in mazdaspeed6 smokes...that might pull up the video I was watching the other day. The speed6's (which the speed3 has the identical engine) are having problems with white smoke coming out of the exhaust. I like to think I am pretty good with vehicles and can diagnose things pretty well (I do all my own work on my cars...well besides mounting tires) I bet those head gaskets are having problems with all the pressure those turbos are producing. I think that turbo psi is set at something like 14psi...stock. With a cr of something high as well (cannot remember the figures but I want to say somewhere around 12 or 13:1) you are just asking for trouble if that block is not sleeved (or reinforced) properly. No thanks Mazda, my Honda feels, rides and is MUCH better then your car.

I am not knocking anyone that has one...I had one and that would be hypocritical of me to do so. However, for less money and more confidence I will never buy anything other then a Honda again. I have made my mistakes and I have learned from them!

Anyways...hi to everyone and I am looking forward to reading lots of posts of DIY's and upgrades people do to their cars!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:13 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Why I like Honda better then Mazda and Toyota

Welcome to the forum! Where in SC are you? I use to live on Hilton Head. LOL

Hope you learn a lot and stick with us for a bit. Yeah, we are nuts sometimes, but you will not find a better group of guys and girls to learn from.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:58 PM
HCF Member

Thanks! I live in Columbia. A good friend of mine has lived down here for the last 4 years so when I moved down here last year it was an easy decision on where I was going to move to, especially since I knew nothing about the different cities in SC. I have not been to Hilton Head yet I heard it is really nice down there. I probably do not want to go down there because it will make me feel bad about where I am living now...just as it did when I went to visit Charleston! HA!

I am looking forward to learning all that I can. I am all about learning all that I can about my car and how it works. Like I said I am a nut when it comes to vehicles so...I read all those tutorials and DIY's as if I am reading a book because they are so entertaining to me. Now I will be able to find out how to do things the right way instead of guessing! God knows I have done my share of that! =)

From some of the comments I have seen other people posting on here I like what I see. The people here seem like they are very much so like me. If they want to customize their car they do it well rounded and do it with a purpose and taste. Some of these people make me want go go read all the car manuals I can just to have an iota of knowledge that they do about the mechanical features and know how of cars; makes me jealous but also intrigued to want to read at what they have to say so that I can learn from them.

Thank you all that has made this forum possible for me and for allowing me to join! Again, I am very excited and look forward to conversing with you all from time to time!

Old 11-30-2007, 04:47 PM
HCF Member

Yeah, Hilton Head is not a place to go live. Its great for a vacation, but what ever you do, dont stick around. LOL I think they put something in the water to make all the islanders docile and compliant. ROFL

If you like DIYS you should read through THESE HERE. There are some really good ones. See yah around the forum.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member

Haha thats funny. I want to check it out down there...I heard a little about the whole islanders kinda keep to themselves deal and that you need some sorta pass to get from one island to another? almost like they are the different country stickers over in Europe (sounds to me) ha!

I am definitely going to check out those DIY's. Thank you!

Old 12-01-2007, 02:04 AM

Good Choice For Honda. Welcome to HCF

Old 12-01-2007, 11:07 AM
HCF Member

I believe so too. Thank you!