Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

'01 EX coupe speaker installs???

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2004, 10:01 AM
Default '01 EX coupe speaker installs???

I just bought over 1,000 dollars in new audio equipment, but i am having some pretty bad problems installing it all. The head unit was installed with out a problem, and i don't thing the sub will give me any problems either. My questions involve the speakers.

1. New Rockford Fosgate 6.5 component speakers : They are too deep for the speaker holes in my car doors. Now I bought some .5 inch spacers, but I don't see that working either. Any thoughts or has anyone experienced stuff like this, and what did you do?

2. I have some 6x9 speakers that i want to put in the back, but I have no idea how to install them. Any websites that people can point me too??? I have searched google and all that, but nothing is coming up?

Thanks alot
dan

Old 06-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Default RE: '01 EX coupe speaker installs???

YOU HAVE TO GET 6INC COM SPEAKERS INSTEAD OF 61/2 ALSO TO MAKE THE 6X9 FIT I HAD TO CUT THE MEATAL AND THE PLASTIC COVE TO FIT, REMOVING THE REAR DECK IS EAST THERE IS A 10MM BOLT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEAT CUSHION YOU HAVE TO REMOVE. THEN TAKE IT OUT AND ON THE RIGHT AND LEFT SIDE THERE ARE TWO BOLTS AT THE BOTTOM NEAR THE DOORS RIGHT BY THE SIDE BOLSTERS AT THE BOTTOM. UNSCREW THE LIFT THEM UP IF YOU PULL AND THEY BREAK USE CRAZY GLUE WORKS FINE. REMOVE THE MOLDING ON THE DOORS 3/4TH OF THE WAY THEN REMOVE THE SIDE MOLDING, LOOK AT YOUR BACK WINDOW ON THE LEFT AND RIGHT ABOVE YOUR SPEAKERS ON THE SIDES THE PLASTIC MOLDING , PULL ON IT TO REMOVE. GO INTO YOUR TRUNK AND REMOVE THE PLUG FOR THE BRAKE LIGHT UNPLUG IT THEN GO AND PULL ON THE REAR DECK MAKE SURE YOU CUT THE PLASTIC AROUND THE REAR DECK BY THE SPEAKERS. YOU WILL HAVE A BIT OF TROUBLE WITH THE LEFT SIDE CUTTING THE METAL IT GOES FROM ONE SHEET TO TWO SHEETS OFETAL SO ITS A BITCH BUT GOOD LUCK

Old 06-10-2004, 03:20 PM
Default RE: '01 EX coupe speaker installs???

How did you get your door panels off to install the speakers? That is my problem right now.
-Struletz