Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

06 Alarm siren location.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 08:36 PM
HCF Member
Default 06 Alarm siren location.

Ok....where do YOU guys put em? Putting an Astro 2205 in, and have never really paid much attention to the LACK of space under the hood. Any ideas where to stick the siren? My car is ALL stock, sep for the HID's.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Default RE: 06 Alarm siren location.

god i did one of these for a co-worker i wanna say driver side fender towards the strut tower, or on the pass. fender towards the front of the car. if u post a pic it would probably jog my memory, sorry i cant be of more help

Old 06-01-2007, 03:17 AM

ORIGINAL: jeff948594

god i did one of these for a co-worker i wanna say driver side fender towards the strut tower, or on the pass. fender towards the front of the car. if u post a pic it would probably jog my memory, sorry i cant be of more help
You installed it yourself? How hard is this task?

Old 06-01-2007, 06:42 AM

oh im an installer at a circuit city, and i will tell you its pretty easy i did a full remote start alarm. trickiest part is some of the wires are hard to reach behind the fuse box because there is no slack, and unless u want to diode isolate your door trigers you just hook it up to the domelite because on the 06-07 and probably beyond it all the door switches are on a seperate circuit, the ignition wires werent hard and other than those tricky ones behind the fuse box( i think u can get them infront of the fuse box too) the others are in the drivers kick panel and they were easy as hel to get. if any of that sounds hard i would just pay someone to do it.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:32 AM

ever done a 99 ex? I think I want to try it, cause my car has been stolen twice now (i'm not even in a bad neighborhood) and I'm getting sick of it. I can't afford a$300 alarmand install, and this car is more of a daily driver than a passion. I've heard it's not that tough, any suggestions on models? I don't need a starter or anything fancy like the window down and all that jazz. I just need something that will go off when the door opens, and will make some noise so I can get a weapon and *** these guys up good.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:27 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jeff948594

oh im an installer at a circuit city, and i will tell you its pretty easy i did a full remote start alarm. trickiest part is some of the wires are hard to reach behind the fuse box because there is no slack, and unless u want to diode isolate your door trigers you just hook it up to the domelite because on the 06-07 and probably beyond it all the door switches are on a seperate circuit, the ignition wires werent hard and other than those tricky ones behind the fuse box( i think u can get them infront of the fuse box too) the others are in the drivers kick panel and they were easy as hel to get. if any of that sounds hard i would just pay someone to do it.
18 years in the business......The car is cake.Have you an answer for the question asked in my original post?

Old 06-02-2007, 07:01 AM

sorry for the jack dude.

Old 06-02-2007, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

No sweat.... Found a GREAT spot. Had to turn my head upside down and look under the shroud the covers the radiator. An inch under is the "metal". It's an inch wide, and there are several flat spots to secure to with screws. Don't go too far towards the passenger side though....the hood prop won't go down.
This location is ideal for small sirens, not the big ones. The astro siren was perfect.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:06 PM

ORIGINAL: KarTuneMan

18 years in the business......The car is cake.Have you an answer for the question asked in my original post?
sry. that is how i usualy get people to buy the labor at work lol

Old 06-03-2007, 11:12 AM
HCF Member

Just for kicks.....where did you get the dome light wire? Up in the roof among the damn side air bags? I thank you in advance. :-)

Quick Reply: 06 Alarm siren location.