Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

92 Civic wiring diagram for speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 06:34 AM
Default 92 Civic wiring diagram for speakers?

Hello ,

I am trying to swap out the old stock speakers in the door with new speakers not honda speakers. The both wires have multi colored wires cant figure which positive and negative. I have the Haynes book it did not help since it does not tell what colors they are and the pic is black & white.I searched the net for a wiring diagram I failed to find anything usefull. I am sure some one here can help me.

Thank you!

Old 10-21-2007, 02:22 PM
Default RE: 92 Civic wiring diagram for speakers?

Just look at each speaker and see what wire color it is thats pluged into the positive and the negative then remember that when your in back of the radio. Usually the rear speakers are blu and white most often the blu is positive and of course white negative. And when your conecting it to the radio plugs to find out which speaker is which use a Double(AA) battery and place the wire on each side of the battery and ur speaker will make a noice and u'lll know witch one it is.

Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 PM
HCF Member

Look here

Old 10-21-2007, 06:59 PM

This won't work because these are for the door panel. Also there different colors brown & greenand the other was another multi colored wire. I can't make sence of it. I looked at the speaker when I pulled it out and there were no markings + or -.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:24 AM
HCF Member

Get a double A battery and two lengths of wire. Strip a little wire back at both ends on both lengths of wire, Attach one end of each wire to the aa battery and then label which one goes to - and which goes to +. Make sure the wire is taped up good and proper to the battery. Then touch the speaker terminals (doesnt matter which way round) and then watch the speaker. If the cone moves backwards, then you have the polarity the wrong way (ie. - to + and + to -) if the cone moves forward, then you know you have the polarity right. Ive used this trick a couple of times, it can be really handy! Hope this helps a little :-)

Old 10-22-2007, 05:04 AM

The issue I have is that I can't figure +/- from the car. That is a good tip thanks once I can figure the +/- from the car that will make sure I link them right.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
HCF Member

I was looking for the same to my 2000 DX Coupe and found my answer at the site below. Hope that helps.

Car Alarm, Car Stereo, Mobile Video, and Cruise Control Info for Installers
http://www.the12volt.com/

Old 11-02-2007, 05:07 AM

It Worked this is exactly what I was looking for THANK YOU !!!!!!!!
AMEN

Old 11-02-2007, 08:51 AM
HCF Member

You're welcome but I'm sure all suggestions above would have also resulted in the same. I just thought why not take advantage of a site that's already done the leg work for us and laid it all out for us.

Old 11-02-2007, 09:57 AM

another way of doing it if you havent got a battery handy or cant wait to find the wiring diagram is leaving the standard speaker in one side of the car, and connecting the other speaker up just guessing, then switch it, if you have an ear for sound you will hear a distinct difference in the sound. Without going into too much depth the reason for this is one way both cones will be travelling the same way, causing constructive interference (good), and the other way the speaker cones will be travelling in opposite directions causing destructive interference (bad).

If you haven't got the possibility of using one speaker that you know is wired the correct way, then you can just wire one in any way you like, and then use the method above to connect the rest, it doesn't matter if you have the positive going to the negative as long as you connect all your speakers (including sub) in the same way. As the signal sent to the speakers is a mirror imagine from positive to negative, if you can imagine the signal as a wavelength kind of thing

eg X = positive distance of travel
Y = Negative distance of travel

then Y = x - x * 2
x = y

Sorry for the maths lesson

Quick Reply: 92 Civic wiring diagram for speakers?